• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dsmash Combo For Marth

Hailzeon0079

Smash Cadet
At low to mid percents, if I pull a downsmash on my friend's Marth, what's the best way to follow up or rack the most damage?

- If I try to pillar with upB, he can usually get a counter in midway through the chain
- He's too floaty to just dsmash chain

Also on a side note: Is zss a good Olimar matchup, and some good strategies please =)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If he's at low percent, grab and dthrow or dtilt, or whatever, and try to start either a uair chain, or just usmash him out of either. If he's higher, add a jab before grabbing, dtiliting, utilting or what have you. Utilt into Plasma Wire helps. If he tries to come at you from above, usmash. If he moves toward the side, space a Plasma Whip.

Ultimately, there is not a wealth of options. This isn't exactly a fun match-up.

Against Olimar, SH nair is really good for shaking off Pikmin, because it has low landing lag, and good damage. A good Olimar will probably start by kiting, so the best bet is to start pressuring him with Plasma Whip, since the Pikimin can't stop it before it gets to Olimar. It kind of sucks to waste your kill move, but Olimar is light, and you still have bair, uair and Flip Jump. Basically, this match-up is all about spacing to where he can't hit you with Pikmin, but you can hit him with attacks.

I'd put ZSS even with Olimar if nothing else. At that, it's going to take a lot of work for either party to win.

Top Bottom