• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DSF using b down to recover????

robyextreme

Smash Ace
To stay mobilized in the air, because that map is messed up with the gravity.

You wouldn't want to do that on any other map though.. unless off coarse you're recovering with her up+b.

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
i think it was either to stop him form going further, like when fox and falco shine to stop from travelling too far or it was just incase he needed to use her TP to get back b/c someparts of the level move right out or ur way.

Or what the others said

Sick_ShEiK$$$

Smash Cadet
its not really a mindgame, even tho it has possibilities.
the other day i was at a local tourny, and i was playing my friend, he uses samus
and i accidently down+B is sheik form,
(rare mistake) =[
but he had a full charged gayness, and it threw his timieng off on the shot,
i suggest you dont use the transform unless you no you cant get back with sheik,
she has a much further up+B

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i think zelda also has a higher second jump
anyhow, be careful not to die as zelda. changing into sheik back may be a problem
even if u do it right as you spawn you lose the invul frames, and you are still valnurble before the lag is finished

yomedrath

Smash Apprentice
i dont think thats it valley... zeldas second jump sucks bad, as far as i know...
he propably did it to sue the floatines of zelda....
but is it actualy usefull, seeing that you go straight down while transforming?
or migth have done it to confuse chu, to not get hit by bombs or other projectiles XD (what is the thing taht comes back called? -.-

yome

i didnt see robyextreme´s post, thats sound more logical XD
nice to know :p
btw, what does "not staying mobilized" mean ... that you cant get any closer to that map yause you cant di towards it?
i didnt notice that yet though...

Ares726

Smash Ace
Here's the info on second jumps as it appears on the SSBM Statistics List:

2nd Jump Jumping Height - Height of aerial jump (or jumps, like with Kirby/Jigglypuff) from highest to lowest. Also, with Mewtwo I do an aerial [back A] attack at the peak of his 2nd jump to go higher; if that wasn't done then he'd be slightly lower in the list.

1-2) Kirby / Mewtwo
3) Jigglypuff
4) Yoshi
5) Falco
6-7) Fox / Ness
8) Sheik
9) Luigi
10) Peach
11) Ice Climbers
12) Captain Falcon
13) Bowser
14-15) Pichu / Pikachu
16-19) Dr. Mario / Mario / Marth / Samus
20) DK
21) Mr. Game & Watch
22) Ganondorf
23) Young Link
24) Roy
25) Link
26) Zelda
Here's a few more aspects of interest:

Horizontal Aerial Falling Distance - shows how far a character can move in the air over a certain amount of distance. It can be technically calculated with the formula: Horizontal Aerial Moving Speed <divided by> Falling Speed, but since we can't measure that in exact numbers, I had to do it by testing it with every character.

1) Jigglypuff
2) Mewtwo
3) Peach
4) Zelda
5-6) Samus / Yoshi
7) Mr. Game & Watch
8) Dr. Mario
9) Ness
10) Mario
11) Kirby
12-13) Link / Young Link
14-16) Ice Climbers / Pichu / Pikachu
17) Luigi
18-20) Bowser / DK / Marth
21) Ganondorf
22-23) Captain Falcon / Roy
24) Sheik
25) Fox
26) Falco
Horizontal Aerial Moving Speed

1) Jigglypuff
2-3) Mewtwo / Yoshi
4) Captain Falcon
5) Peach
6-7) Link / Young Link
8-9) DK / Mr. Game & Watch
10) Zelda
11) Ness
12-14) Dr. Mario / Marth / Roy
15) Samus
16) Mario
17-18) Pichu / Pikachu
19) Sheik
20) Bowser
21-22) Ganondorf / Kirby
23) Ice Climbers
24) Luigi
25-26) Falco / Fox
As you can see from the above, Zelda has a worse second jump than Sheik. However, Zelda spends more time in the air because of her floatiness, and she can recover more horizontal distance in the air than Sheik. Plus Zelda's up-B goes further. The drawback to transformation is 1) Zelda sucks and 2) it can be difficult to find an opening for transforming back unless you can play Zelda somewhat proficiently.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
yeah Just make sure you transform first, then jump with zelda and float towards the edge. Then, if your close enough after that, you can transform back to shiek to get the rest of the way having used Zelda's jump and horizontal moving distance.
I usually change to Zelda if I need to, especially in a team game, your teammate can usually mess up your opponenets ledge guarding long enough for you to come back and then transform back to the godly shiek.

AS Money

Smash Lord
He may have also thought he was too far away to recover with sheiks up b transformed then realized he could get back easy with sheik the camera on mute is really ****ed up

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
The drawback to transformation is 1) Zelda sucks and 2) it can be difficult to find an opening for transforming back unless you can play Zelda somewhat proficiently.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Made me laugh.

Meh, I find when you HAVE to use down b to get back its best to sweetspot the ledge if at ALL possible, and experiment with ways to transform into shiek without being punished for the lag, Personally I use ledge hopping, I go down off the ledge, transform and up B back, I can usually get it.

Banks

Smash Hero
zeldas teleport goes further, its not recommended unless you are confident you can either sweetspot or use zelda effectively. because if you make it and get *****, or dont make it, it does you no good because you lose invincibility when trasforming leaving you open. but if you do get to the ledge you can transform safely on it, but people probly wont let you.

Ares726

Smash Ace
but if you do get to the ledge you can transform safely on it, but people probly wont let you.
Then it's not very safe is it? It's possible but people probably won't let you. If you make the ledge with Zelda's up-B, just ledgehop a fair or get up and connect with a fair or bair. While their being knocked away, change back into Sheik. But yes, you do lose your 120 invincibility frames after you respawn if you transform while in those frames. You do, however, get to keep any stored needles you have.

Top Bottom