• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DS Vision = Official Flashcart

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I don't know why I didn't see a thread on this earlier but for those who don't know...

The link posted later has the pictures. And my thoughts are after the link.

If you're still teetering on the edge of picking up a DS Lite for yourself, here's yet another reason to go ahead and pull the trigger. Dai Nippon Printing has partnered with AM3 in order to offer up a new way to get content / media onto Nintendo's handheld. The system, dubbed DSvision, will enable DS / DS Lite owners to purchase a variety of material through the web, including books, comics, movies, music, etc., and then transfer the files over to the DS for on-the-go enjoyment. The product package will reportedly include a 512MB microSD card, a DS cartridge adapter and a USB adapter (shown after the jump) for use with one's PC. It looks as though the hardware will hit Japanese shelves in January for ¥3,980 ($37), but the web-based content delivery system won't go live until March.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/30/dsvision-bringing-downloadable-content-to-nintendos-ds/

So we have an Official Flash Cart, it's kinda cool. I'm curious about SDHC though. 40 bucks is pretty cheap, and I am looking forward to this nintendo store, this will be big. I might buy a couple books, maybe videos if they are cheap enough but I do have an R4. I wonder if this thing is hackable, do you guys think it will be? Also this also makes it pretty clear that the next nintendo handheld will have on board flash memory which is pretty cool (and maybe a browser).

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i saw something like this at wal-mart that enabled users to store music in your DS LITE.....screw nintendo, forgetting about us bulkies...forcing us to upgrade.

;___;

i guess this is a reason to get a LITE i suppose..

thanks for the info.

Top Bottom