• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dry bones rattles his bones

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Who is he
Dry bones is the skeleton koopa in the mario series who has made appearances in almost every mario game so hey he's got pedigree I know it'll never happen but I really want him because I love dry bones to a passion that's probably worrying to some people

Moveset
I feel what would make dry bones interesting is if he detached his limbs frequently for his attacks because skelleton ya know?

SPECIALS
NeutralB: Bonesaw throws a bone at the opponent the home spinning rapidly knocking the opponent up at an angle
UPB: Dry bones throws his head upwards really high and disassembled then resembles on the head
SideB: dry bones throws his arms out in an area and if they connect with an enemy he punches three times then throws his leg for the last hit the limbs go back to him immideatley.
DownB: a counter sorry just makes sense but the spin is he can keep walking while countering he can't attack but he can walk and if anyone hits him he disassembled then reassembled and hits them for a strong counter how to tell he's countering is his eyes go completely black without the yellow eye dots
Normals:

Jab: dry bones punches twice then goes into multijab with his arms detaching rapidly from his body
Ftilt: dry bones grabs one of his arms and swings forward giving him more range than his jab
Uptilt: dry bones kicks up with his leg the leg detatches and goes up above his head he it goes back to the socket.
Downtilt: he does a double kick and they detach then pop up hitting the opponent up
Dash attack: he spins up abd hits the opponent in his shell because his dash is spinning in his shell
Aerials:

Nair: dry bones detatchea all his limbs outwards while dating the camera making a grenija type burst
Fair: dry bones takes out a bone and swings in an arc going down has spike on end and beginning of move
Bair: dry bones takes his head and swings it backwards with a small but powerful hitbox
Dair: dry bones stomps down with all his might but his legs pop off he rattles surprised it spikes.
Smash attacks

Forward smash: he grabs a bone and gets ready to swing when he does both his arms pop off and then then go back to his arm sockets.
Up smash: dry bones grabs his head and swings upwards with all his might making an arc upwards when he finishes the move his head stays in the air a bit then falls back to where his head should be.
Down smash: dry bones does the splits as an attack a la fox but both his legs fall of at the end of the hitbox dry bones looks exasaperatedly at the camera quickly as the legs go back.

Walk: dry bones walks like he does in the mario games with his arms forward in a zombie like a gamble

Run: dry bones goes into his shell and spins across the stage kind of like inkling

Taunts

Side taunt: dry bones looks at the camera and shakes his bones while doing his laugh type skeleton noise
Up taunt: dry bones walks his head and it spins around a couple times then stances at the opponent
Down taunt: dry bones falls apart loke in his game then reassambles

Victory animations

Victory one: dry bones walks like he does in mario then trips and falls apart setting off the splash screen
Victory two: dry bones runs up jumps and all his bones fly off and go down resembling dry bones with his arms widespread then his head falls down but backwards the splash screen goes then it shows dry bones sighing.
Victory three: dry bones comes in spinning then pops out of his shell hits the ground then rattles at the camera.

Supporters:
G Grie
ShadowTheHedgehogZ ShadowTheHedgehogZ
ivanlerma ivanlerma
Voodoo7995 Voodoo7995

Last edited:

Grie

Smash Apprentice
As I hold a similar love for the little guy I thought I could share some ideas

For a final smash he could use one of is karts from ds (preferably dry bomber) and cause havoc
And to represent is more sturdy nature he could either be a heavy weight or have passive super armor (like bowser’s tough guy armor but a little bit better)

And I have an idea for a victory animation, is little dance when he gets a star in Mario party 8

Outside of that, you did a fantastic job on giving im a good moveset and perfectly capturing is personality.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I don't know I think dry bones has more moveset potential than koppa. dry bones being a skeleton and all. And I think dry bones is overall more interesting but that's definitely bias because I love dry bones . I see your point though

Last edited:

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be cool if his side B is the same as squirtle's... Squirtle already has some moves similar to koopa troopa. Also his final smash could be summoning Giga Dry Bowser

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Glad to see a Dry Bones Thread Support here,i love Dry Bones, iv'e love him ever since Mario Party DS, speaking of Mario Party DS why not have his boss battle there be used for a final smash instead of hurting dry bones it hurts the opponents who are put in the middle. i'd love to see that work for dry bones's final smash.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
These final smash ideas are great especially since I couldn’t figure out what I would want for one
I might edit in some of your guys ideas at the top (with credit given of course)

Edit we’ve reached double digits on reply’s this reality both delights and baffles

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Hey Guys, Brawlfan1 made a Moveset Concept Video on Koopa Troopa being a fighter in Super Smash Bros with Dry Bones as an echo fighter, what do you guys think of this?, personally, this is a great idea but i still prefer to play as Dry Bones as a separate fighter on his own.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Hey Guys, Brawlfan1 made a Moveset Concept Video on Koopa Troopa being a fighter in Super Smash Bros with Dry Bones as an echo fighter, what do you guys think of this?, personally, this is a great idea but i still prefer to play as Dry Bones as a separate fighter on his own.
To me it’s not a bad idea but dry bones is just too separated from koops in mechanics in the Mario games to me for them to be echoes

but I would definitely take it considering how impossible dry bones is already to be in smash

Last edited:
Top Bottom