• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drunk Back-up Singers

Vinnie275

Smash Master
Xdadepsak's Closet, along with Ender, Mkiller, and
So I'm upstairs in my recording studio (i.e. bedroom) trying to get some cuts finished for my new album. I have a two-bedroom flat and there is a bumpin' party going on downstairs. I'm churning out the next big trance/country/R&B/Hip-hop fusion song when I figure this time, just my vocals won't do.

So I go downstairs to recruit some hopefuls, backup singers that "will do", perhaps "just enough". The problem is, they're "not drunk enough".

If you've ever been to a dry karaoke bar-- oh wait, there are none.

I get the low-down. The booze is being delivered and I have to wait for said messenger of vocal de-inhibitor to arrive, then post-consumption before I am to finish my cut.

Anyway, about forty minutes later I bring one of my sloshed roommates upstairs. Unfortunately, I soon find that he is very "blazed" and his sub-par mumblings send me in search of anybody that can scream for the next verse (later I change it to rap).
So, I bring my other roommate and his girlfriend up to the studio to do some harmonizing.
Turns out so-so. By now everyone is too drunk to sing, and I have to go with the cuts I made before they passed out.

I played the cut in the morning, and upon hearing it again, decided it was terrible D:

The moral is, do not rely on aphrodisiacs as a musical catalyst.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
I thought the moral was going to be something along the lines of... If you want to get your friends drunk so they do stupid things so you can have beef on them, just tell them you are making a rap/r&b/country song and you need them to sing in it.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Yeah, alcohol and singing never turns out quite as well as you'd think. My roomate's band had a concert last month where they covered a song by Juanes, and had a friend who knows Spanish do the singing. Well, he got a little carried away prior to the concert, and his singing was a little subpar. Apparently he got so tipsified that the next morning he didn't remember even going to the concert, even though in addition to singing that one song, he also ran the soundboard all night.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
alcohol+singing=(This message has been censored for illegal combination of words and other stuff aswell as offensive material for pickles)

EEvisu

Smash Lord
So I'm upstairs in my recording studio (i.e. bedroom) trying to get some cuts finished for my new album. I have a two-bedroom flat and there is a bumpin' party going on downstairs. I'm churning out the next big trance/country/R&B/Hip-hop fusion song when I figure this time, just my vocals won't do.

So I go downstairs to recruit some hopefuls, backup singers that "will do", perhaps "just enough". The problem is, they're "not drunk enough".

If you've ever been to a dry karaoke bar-- oh wait, there are none.

I get the low-down. The booze is being delivered and I have to wait for said messenger of vocal de-inhibitor to arrive, then post-consumption before I am to finish my cut.

Anyway, about forty minutes later I bring one of my sloshed roommates upstairs. Unfortunately, I soon find that he is very "blazed" and his sub-par mumblings send me in search of anybody that can scream for the next verse (later I change it to rap).
So, I bring my other roommate and his girlfriend up to the studio to do some harmonizing.
Turns out so-so. By now everyone is too drunk to sing, and I have to go with the cuts I made before they passed out.

I played the cut in the morning, and upon hearing it again, decided it was terrible D:

The moral is, do not rely on aphrodisiacs as a musical catalyst.
Lol if thats true then I find that very entertaining, good stuff thx for sharing xD

Top Bottom