• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drum Corps?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
So, I was wondering if any smashers out there have marched Drum Corps? I was Horn Sgt. and one of the lead Sops. last year at the Velvet Knights.

Any other vets out there?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Just an enthusiast.

I was in WGI for my high school career. Amazingly fun times.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Whoa, I never thought I'd see this topic on here. I marched baritone for Carolina Crown this past summer. It's nice to see other vets on SWF.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
^_^ Thanks. It was an amazing summer. And my rookie year at any drum corps. I never got to see VK perform. How was it and have you marched anywhere else?

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
nah, that was my rookie year as well. It was a good experience, but I'm sad that we didn't get a full tour.

sadly I'm not marching this summer because of school :[

what about yourself?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Mhm, I can't march this year because of money. I came back from tour completely broke. All the money I had worked for in the six months prior to tour went to Crown, so yeah, I knew I couldn't've paid for school plus save up enough money for 08, but I hope to go back to Crown in '09 for my age-out. When's your age-out?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ok, just take it to PM guys.

Edit: On a side note, my percussion instructor in High School marched Star of Indiana, which is now Blast, and Bridgemen. Not sure how familiar you are with the drumming aspect, but his close friend was Jeff Prosperie who I have met quite a few times and had taught us plenty.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Woodwinds > Brass.

So no. Never. XD

Anyways, I know several people from high school that have already auditioned, made it, and are going to march in DCI. They're really excited for it.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Ok, just take it to PM guys.

Edit: On a side note, my percussion instructor in High School marched Star of Indiana, which is now Blast, and Bridgemen. Not sure how familiar you are with the drumming aspect, but his close friend was Jeff Prosperie who I have met quite a few times and had taught us plenty.
one of my horn instructors last season was in Blast for the first few years..

Tanea

Smash Ace
no not yet i will tryin outn tof the 2009 season but i still participate in wgi i can't wait for nationals ..omg in two weeks i can't wait .

oh and im trying out for guard :) good to see other people here

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
What corps you auditioning for?

As for me...i wasn't marching this season til like, two weeks ago when the corps director pretty much convinced me, they're going to help me with my tour fees and such, so i'll be with Velvet Knights again in '08 :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
I did marching band in HS. We got state, regional champs and stuff. I thought about doing Drum Corps, but I didnt feel it was worth giving up my entire summer for it.

A friend of mine is marching with Spirit of JSU, and my assitant director (and someother not really employed guy that works with us) marched with Phantom.

Top Bottom