• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dropzone vs floatys

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
I'm having a hard time getting dropzone to work vs peach, samus, etc. Does anyone have any advice about when i should be dashing out or even if I should be doing it to them in general.:confused:

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Maybe I'm behind the times, but I have no ****ing clue what dropzone means. I'd love to help you, but I have no idea what you're talking about. Please elaborate.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Dropzone is where you run off the edge and immediately do a fair. Ganon can do a dropzone and recover without grabbing the ledge.

Personally, dropzoning with ganon is pretty risky, and only works if they are recovering from a particular angle. I find that using a reverse uair from the ledge or a dropzoned uair works better for most cases.

Try this that bob money showed me against marth: when you're grabbing the ledge, press away, then immediately up on the c-stick (for a uair), then double jump and up-b back to the stage. If you're ledge stalling before doing this, you''ll have invulnerability frames while doing this. Assuming you can do this properly, this is way less risky, and works really well against marth (i'm not sure about other floaties, though. I don't have much practice against them).

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
run off and up air generally works better, you dont need to double jump either, i just mean run off uair, that works pretty well

King Leonidas

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I usually use Uair, unless I'm 100% sure that the fair will hit. I jump before doing the fair, though...

Top Bottom