• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drop Zone?

Doublecork

Smash Apprentice
Can someone explain how to "drop zone" someone with the knee? I understand the idea of it but a further explanation of it would be appreciated.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Not like this (unless you really dislike Shy Guys).

Also, I don't know the percents, but you can D-throw -> Dropzone Spacies and Falcons at a high enough percent, but I'm not sure how much of the rest of the cast it works on. Also, make sure not to knee too late because then you will likely SD.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Dropzone works on almost all the characters if the percent and DI are in order.

Dropzone > dair is really good on sheik and marth if they DI in like noobs, since you'll almost always hit with the nipple spike.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
This is a scrub question but I seem to not be able to recover after drop zones, any tips.?
If you can't recover after the dropzone, that just means you're kneeing too late. EDIT: Or you could be fastfalling accidentally. Either one of these would result in an SD.

Last edited:

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
Practice it on yoshi's story. If you don't knee early enough you'll die at the bottom before you even get to jump.

Any tips for kneeing at the right moment? I'm having trouble getting the timing down.

Zhook

Smash Rookie
So I tried practicing drop zones a little while ago, and as far as I know the most popular one is D Throw>Knee on spacies. What I've found really simplifies the drop zone, if you grab with Z and downthrow, and then dash off and Knee them using Z. So Like Z-Fair. Really quickens things up compared to Shield Grab Forward A or C-Stick

Last edited:

Mastodon

Smash Apprentice
So I tried practicing drop zones a little while ago, and as far as I know the most popular one is D Throw>Knee on spacies. What I've found really simplifies the drop zone, if you grab with Z and downthrow, and then dash off and Knee them using Z. So Like Z-Fair. Really quickens things up compared to Shield Grab Forward A or C-Stick
I like that idea, I'll have to try it.

And yes, drop zone knee usually only works on FF'ers. I'd use a safer option against floaties.

Stark

Smash Rookie
I usually use c-stick for my aerials. The thing that works for me is I try to grab as close to the edge as possible, dthrow, buffer moving forward to fall off the ledge, then knee while buffering my jump (if I'm sure that it's actually safe). It really is all reading the DI though, and having good character control.

Top Bottom