• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drill Shine

xNightmar3x VI

Smash Rookie
Drill shine can someone explain wat the drill shine is how is it useful and how do you do it

i need to kno beacuse i heard of it but i neva seen it and i dont kno how to do it.

KazeOfTheWind

Smash Rookie
I think its only with Fox, anyways I think it's when you L-Cancel a Dair into reflector.. Falco's version is called pillaring I think, but only if you do it repeatedly.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
Drill shine is a Fox combo.

Drill = drill kick = down a in the air
shine = reflector = down b

L-cancelling the drill kick allows you to immediately use your reflector. Search youtube for videos.

xNightmar3x VI

Smash Rookie
ohhhhhh i do that all the time with falco in my combos i just didnt kno it was called that

but with fox i can cuz his shine pushes them away so how is that a good move to do

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Fox's shine is what makes him fox. You can drill shine and then wavedash to grab or just keep waveshining them off the edge if they suck. If your opponent shields a lot of the time if you L cancel you get them with the shine. If they are too close to you, shine. If they are trying to recover and get back on the ledge/stage, jump off and shine them. This is called a shine spike, and it's incredibly cool to see.

If you want to know about falco's shine, it is also very important. You can shine them, and it will knock them up allowing you to jump up and use your Down Air attack to hit them down, and then fast fall and shine them again before they get back up, knocking them back into the air where you can continue the combo or Back Air or Forward Air them. Falco's shine sets up huge combos, and if your good at them you can pull them off on even the best of players. For example, PC Chris gets ken pretty badly with falco's shine combos, although Ken usually breaks out of it before it gets too serious.

Also, I tried to not use any smash terms because if you didn't know what a drill shine is, i dont think you would know any smash terms. Actually, not that I think of it, i dont even know why i spent my time writing this reply. I hate fox and falco. I should just delete this all. w/e, i already wrote it anyways.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
ohhhhhh i do that all the time with falco in my combos i just didnt kno it was called that

but with fox i can cuz his shine pushes them away so how is that a good move to do
aight i know this is the falco forum but imma tell ya anyways. fox's drill shine is very useful (it always get be) when u drill somebody it stuns them, n if u
l-cancel it at the right time u can shine them. now what u do after this depends on how good u are. u can either wave shine them off the edge (waveshine= wavedashing right after a shine) then shine spike em or u can waveshine them into a up smash. foxes shine is very useful n also very deadly. just watch some videos.

Top Bottom