• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drill Rush Spike

Sideswipe

Smash Rookie
I stumbled upon a bit of tech with Meta Knight's Side-B (Drill Rush) where you can actually spike at a sweet spot.

This happens toward the end of MK's drill animation where he launches an enemy. If you hold down then let go somewhere between the 2nd to last drill and 3rd to last hit, you'll bounce off the enemy and the enemy will be launched straight downward.

This appears to have properties similar to the F-air/B-air spike. I'll try to record it sometime today/tomorrow when I have more free time I just wanted to post this as soon as possible so everyone would know.

Also, yes this DOES work on both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

Edit: Here's a quick upload of the spike on the 3DS version

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Definitely going to try this later tonight - good find!

busken

Smash Ace
Can this work when they are facing straight on the ground(the position where they missed the tech?) If this can be a viable option when near the ledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom