• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drill Rush > Luma

SSBSteve

Smash Rookie
From my experience fighting Rosalina & Luma, Meta Knight's Drill Rush (side special) is quite an effective method to take Luma off stage, giving you time to take on Rosalina by her self. I'm unsure of this has been mentioned anywhere but its something handy to know.

When Rosalina shields, Luma doesn't leaving it open to death. I would suggest drilling into the ground once you are near the edge though to bounce off to avoid potential punish or falling off!

busken

Smash Ace
A visual representation of this would better explain your point. Also, why not post this in the general discussion?

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Katakiri mentions this in a huge post explaining why meta Knight is FAVORED in their match up. Drill is just one of many ways to get rid of Luma with incredible ease (I think DA and UThrow also kill it, and those two just happen to be his most common approaches). Solo Rosa is especially bad at dealing with enemies below her (landing safely without Luma is basically impossible lol), and Meta Knight is especially good at dealing with enemies above him...

SSBSteve

Smash Rookie
A visual representation of this would better explain your point. Also, why not post this in the general discussion?
I felt like this topic belonged in the Meta Knight specific section.
I'd gladly add some visuals but I currently lack the replay, equipment and knowledge on providing it. :(

Katakiri mentions this in a huge post explaining why meta Knight is FAVORED in their match up. Drill is just one of many ways to get rid of Luma with incredible ease (I think DA and UThrow also kill it, and those two just happen to be his most common approaches). Solo Rosa is especially bad at dealing with enemies below her (landing safely without Luma is basically impossible lol), and Meta Knight is especially good at dealing with enemies above him...
My apologies, I did a prior Google search on it but didn't find anything. I have not tried the UThrow method yet, gonna test around with that on training now.

FlipFlopMist

Smash Cadet
I felt like this topic belonged in the Meta Knight specific section.
I'd gladly add some visuals but I currently lack the replay, equipment and knowledge on providing it. :(

My apologies, I did a prior Google search on it but didn't find anything. I have not tried the UThrow method yet, gonna test around with that on training now.
It grow also screws over Olimar's Pikmen, if it doesn't flat out kill them, they get stunned by it and all it takes is a quick Fsmash to take everything but a full health purple out.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
It grow also screws over Olimar's Pikmen, if it doesn't flat out kill them, they get stunned by it and all it takes is a quick Fsmash to take everything but a full health purple out.
F-Smash kills Purple Pikmin too. Only purples survive Up-Throw + Down-Tilt.

But back to Rosalina, Drill Rush is my preferred method of taking out Luma. Punished or not, it's always worth trading low/mid-percent damage for a Luma KO. Additionally, if you drag Luma off-stage with DR, you do bounce off of Luma at the end like it was an actual character but, if Rosa already has her back to the ledge, Dash Attack should KO Luma anyway with even less risk.

Top Bottom