• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreamland wind johns?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Is it me or does the wind not really affect much at all? I hear alot of people complain about it for stupid ****. Aside from maybe certain spacing and messing up the animation of a handful or marth and roys attacks during very specific frames, I don't really see how it messes with anything.

PS I'd really like for someone like Magus who knows everything about the game to answer this question :)

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
I'm no Magus, but I have to agree with you on this. The wind really doesn't affect my game at all....with any character. It's all noob talk, trust me. xD

Volrec

Smash Lord
Well, since it's bigger in SSBM, I have no problem. It affects me 1%. My Falco is in the air most of the time on this stage anyway and/or platforms. lol.

When it comes to SSB64, it can ****ing KILL you.

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
The wind on Dreamland 64 ALWAYS screws my edgeguarding with Flare Blade and Shield Breaker. But that's the only problem I've ever had.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
The wind doesn't really affect my gameplay at all, but I have jokingly blamed things like suicides and whatnot on the wind.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
The wind on Dreamland 64 ALWAYS screws my edgeguarding with Flare Blade and Shield Breaker. But that's the only problem I've ever had.
That tree was so lame sometimes. If you were far enough away with ness and had to pk thunder, and it blew, chances are you might not come back because of that **** thing.

Kalmetam

Smash Journeyman
Did does not effect you a lot. The one in Green Greens is a pain 'cause it blows you into the bomb blocks. This one barely affects you so it's a bad excuse if you mess up.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
The wind made pc chris suicide. in the kenvspc matches.
it affectss me oncein a while. like when im falco and try to edgeguard with a ftilt, i just fair off the ledge and die

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
The wind makes my shielded Luigi fall off a platform and get hit from an attack of my opponent, who was waiting under. And it screws my spacings. -_-

But it doesn't affect comebacks.

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
Yes it does. But, as I said before, it does only above the stage, not outside (when recovering, for example).

Link226

Smash Ace
Yea the wind never messes me up...only when im playing Fox or Falco...and sometimes Marth. Sometimes when im trying to catch a tipper with his f-smash the wind would screw it. And with Fox and Falco sometimes i would try a f-tilt and then i would fair off the field....****s annoying

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
It really screws me up when I'm Ice Climbers...as if they're not already slippery enough >_>

Messes up the grab pwnage.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Ahh yes....have you ever been blockspiked on Green Greens? It sucks and you never expect it.

And weird teching stuff happens there...I was playing a match with my friend on Green Greens (I think I was Kirby and he was Ganon) And he was on the rightmost platform near the edge. I hit him with a bair, he instantly teched off the ground and then was sent plummeting 45 degrees downward off the stage to his death o_O. He flew extremely fast, it was so weird. No chance of surviving.

Then it happened again on the leftmost platform for his last stock. :laugh:

Superstar

Smash Champion
Wind really affects me in Dreamland. Of course, its mostly luck related problems, I no longer complain when out.

I play Mario, my bro Pikachu. He was holding on the ledge, and I was edgeguarding. I was spacing for a decent edgeguard, as getting too close would deal in a tailspike to oblivion, or a combo. So I got the right distance, and the wind blew me right next to the ledge, screwing me over. Or, I was standing near but not in the vicinity of the ledge, as the outside of the field around the ledge is my weakest spot and my bro's strongest. Wind blows me to ledge, I get finished off.

It also causes me to mess up my spacing, and F-Smash. It drives me so crazy. However, as I get better in the game, the impact of the wind is lessened. I'm getting more used to changes in the field.

What I hate more are Fountain of Dreams' platforms. Let's say they are down. I'm standing where one is supposed to rise, but its down, getting ready for an attack. Then the ledge rises, effectively bringing me up, and over my brother, and his tailspike. But meh, what can you do? Same thing in Pokemon Stadium.

ScaryMunky

Smash Journeyman
The wind made pc chris suicide. in the kenvspc matches.
it affectss me oncein a while. like when im falco and try to edgeguard with a ftilt, i just fair off the ledge and die
This is the only problem I've had with the wind. Other than the rare nudge off the stage during an attack with Falco, it doesn't affect me.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I like the ending to Wak's YL combo video with the standoff between falcos reflector and Ylinks fully charged arrow and the wind just gently nudges falco off the edge and Ylink dtilt spikes him. LMFAO @ that.

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Heh-heh well, there was this one time when I was fighting one of my friends who was Fox and I was Kirby. I was at a pretty peak damage and I knew I was going to die so I wanted to Kirbycide. As luck would have it I grab him (Fox) close to the ledge but still a distance away, and then Whispy Woods started blowing and sure enough we were practically on the tip of the ledge so I did a U-Throw and Kirbycided him. He had pretty high % damage compared to me.

After that, I managed to make a comeback from having one stock and him two. I managed to kill his second stock Fox but I had a really high amount of damage. I stayed close to the ledge and tried to swallow him. My friend (doesn't know about advanced tactics) started blasting me with his lazer pretty close to my swallow. He had 0% damage while I was getting 150%+ damage. Just then Whispy blew again and he fell victom to my vacuum! From there... there was nothing left to do so I committed a swallow Kirbycide and won! You could imaging how pissed and shocked he was! XD

I have the tendancy to fool around with people who don't know advanced tactics and it can bite me in the gluteus maximus and get me in tight spots. Thankfully, I always correct myself and make it out OK. Phew...

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Hey hey hey... thats how we Kirby players play. When its in our favor we do what we can to our advantage. Any character does that. Heh-heh, still that doesn't mean there arent times where I don't need to use it and am perfectly fine. =]

Top Bottom