• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dreamland Jump

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
This video got posted following this reddit thread

Has anyone played around with this? Tried to get it to work on other stages. Some legit application for ledgeguarding a high recovery since you still have your jump.

_gold_

Smash Master
Woah! That's pretty nifty! Nah I haven't ever messed around with this, but I definitely will.
Looks like he shed a bit more light on how to preform it in the description of the video:

How to perform: Grapple to the ledge of Dreamland at a certain distance so when you fall you're pretty much touching the bottom part of the wall. Then, at the correct time (as close to the wall as possible) press down. If done correctly, your character won't fastfall, but will instead go forward after letting go of the grapple, and for some reason in Dreamland that makes most tethers fly up like a rocket.
Tiers in terms of distances I was able to get:
S - Samus
A - Link
B - Toon Link, ZSS
Lucas cannot, to my knowledge, do this. I just recently discovered it, and the timing seems somewhat different depending on the character, so feel free to experiment.
He only mentions Dreamland, which is odd. Does it have to do something with the wind I wonder? Or possibly just the height of the center platform?

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Considering :4zss: is one of the characters that can do this, I have to wonder if this would make Dreamland 64 an optimal stage for her, in case someone trains with her enough to do it consistently. Maybe it could even give her an edge against :4sheik:.

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
this is intriguing... is it only standard Dreamland or Omega as well?

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
I figured out the glitch a bit more. It works by releasing when you are clipped into a ceiling, not a wall. BF actually has a ceiling ledge on the right side a little closer than on the left side, so it works on the right side of BF. I am still working on getting it to work on short tether into SV and TnC ceilings, but I think it should work. You probably have to FF into it.

samosa

Smash Cadet
I still don't really know how this glitch works but did anyone test if it works using the "tether ledge trump" tech and then releasing the swing into the stage to get the super jump?

I tried it on BF and it seems like you get a little upward momentum from swinging against the stage.

Top Bottom