• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragoon's Unofficial Gameshark Stage Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
This is an idea that struck me after thinking about the thread kuz made. This is less of a tournament and more of an experiment, to get a good idea of what players think of the gameshark stages after using them to play a tournament, so your thoughts, opinions, and advice would be greatly appreciated. To encourage the use of the game shark stages all normal stages are banned! As this tournament does not go by the official rule set, it is not official. Although the use of stages via gameshark is the focus of this tournament, the use of the fighting polygons, Master Hand, Metal Mario, and Giant Donkey Kong is not allowed!

Rules:
5 Stock
No Items

Neutral Stages

Fighting Polygon Stage/ Battle Field

Counter Pick Stages

Yoshi Island (Without clouds)
Tutorial Stage
Final Destination (If both players agree to having this stage, as it can be a hassle to get working.)
Metal Mario Stage (If both players agree to having this stage, as it could be arguably be to small, but I am not sure if it is ban worthy so I will leave that to you, the players.)

Banned Stages

Race to the finish
Kirby Beta 1
Kirby Beta 2

The tournament will be set up in the round robin style, the best 2/3. The first match will take place on the fighting polygon stage, after that the loser can pick any of the counter picks. You may not pick the same stage twice in a row, even if it is the fighting polygon stage. If there is a tie then who ever won against each other previously will be the winner of the tournament.

Tournament registrations will be open until Saturday 12:00 am eastern time. The tournament will last as long as necessary to go though all the matches. Player can play online via P2P or servers it does not matter to me, what ever you can arrange with your opponent.

This is my first time hosting a tournament of smash, let alone an online tournament. So please be understanding if I do something stupid. Thank you for your time.

Edit: If I forgot anything please let me know so I can fix it.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Why not let polygons in if they want to use them?
I will probably join this :)
I wish to remove the variable of unfamiliar characters so odd characters do not interfere with their judgement when they are judging the stages they are playing on.

if you do decide join that will be great :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom