• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dragon's Den at Poughkeepsie NY Tourney

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros Melee Tournament
Saturday July 28th
4-9pm Entry: $5
There will be age divisions and prizes for each divison.

As for rules and format,They could be the same or different from last time depending on how many players we get. Im open to any comments or concerns when it comes to the rules and format, but ultimatly its up to me and the management when it comes to the rules and format. Heres a brief explanation of the rules depending on the number of players, These rules could change. There will be banned maps by vote from the players, 5 min time limit,winner will be chosen by points, no stock, sudden death will be used if the players tie by points. This is a new rule set and we want to see what everyone thinks about it.

Copy pasted from their forums

Adi

Smash Lord
Uggh, we're doing time matches now?

Why don't we just do pools and boot the low ranked people so we can do 4 stock 8 min time limit.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed about the rule changes too.
Didn't you guys do the MLG format last tourney?

The Bino

Smash Lord
Super Smash Bros Melee Tournament
Saturday July 28th
4-9pm Entry: $5
There will be age divisions and prizes for each divison.

As for rules and format,They could be the same or different from last time depending on how many players we get. Im open to any comments or concerns when it comes to the rules and format, but ultimatly its up to me and the management when it comes to the rules and format. Heres a brief explanation of the rules depending on the number of players, These rules could change. There will be banned maps by vote from the players, 5 min time limit,winner will be chosen by points, no stock, sudden death will be used if the players tie by points. This is a new rule set and we want to see what everyone thinks about it.

Copy pasted from their forums
Listen, i have run tournament around Poughkeepsie area, and i will for warn you, this tournament will not exceed the ppl that had gone to the last one without changing the ruleset to normal tournament rules.... noone with ACTUAL skill will go to a tournament when their skill means nothing

Ill call Dragon's Den tomorrow and see if i can stop by on saturday and speak to the manager who is running this thing and give them my insight

BAR

Smash Apprentice
i will go to this, and so will rubar, i won the last one but alot more people should come to this so well see what happens

BAR

Smash Apprentice
no points, five or four stock matches, we wont get more people to come, unless we play with the regular rules everyons else is using

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Well, tourney is all done. Anyone have the results? Another one will be held on Aug. 25th. Be there biotches.

BAR

Smash Apprentice
bar first ruber second, and it was either troy or bino third, cant remember, any1 who wants to smash can send me a private message

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure troy was third cause i think i saw the Dragon's Den guy give him the store credit or whatever it was. at least we know everything is set right for next time at least in my opinion. i might try captain falcon next time since nobody there played him in the tournament even though i know X can

The Bino

Smash Lord
Real cheap Bailey, 1st got $50 gift certificate for the store, 2nd $25 and 3rd $15... and to top it off the store overprices everything

I saw a brand new unopened Wii for sale at $349.95.... who the right mind would buy a Wii for $350 when you could get it for $250 in a real store

Top Bottom