• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Draft Pick System?

BlushFactory

Smash Cadet
Been out of the loop for a while so no idea if this was ever considered or brought up.

What if there was a Draft Pick system similar to League of Legends? (if your not sure what this is, its basically taking turns to select characters that cannot be played in that match)

Granted this isnt a Moba, and Smash as a whole (this system would work best on Brawl/4) has a smaller roster. But wouldn't it be interesting to see things shaken up every once in a while in a tournament? Just imagine a tournament where an "out of the blue" character won because of this instead.

Now the question arises would it be PER ROUND or PER TOURNAMENT?

Thoughts?

necroTaxonomist

Smash Apprentice
Maybe a neat side event, but I wouldn't play if there were too much money at stake because it's possible that all of my best characters could get banned. But I'd try it at least, because it sounds interesting.

Carl the Oatswag

Smash Cadet
I like the idea because it allows for low tiers to come out and shine. People like mew2king who are very versatile would dominate but it would set a new kind of standard where you have to practice several characters

BlushFactory

Smash Cadet
I like the idea because it allows for low tiers to come out and shine. People like mew2king who are very versatile would dominate but it would set a new kind of standard where you have to practice several characters
Exactly, It forces you to learn more than one character, That i do believe is part of the success of LoL's competitive community.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Character matchups and character mastery matter way too much, and it takes a lot more time to master a character in smash than it does in lol.
Also in lol team synergy, team play, micro and macro management matter more than champion choice.

Maybe it can have its place in something like 4v4, but I can't see draft mode in 1v1.

PS : the success of "LoL's competitive community" is the accessibility of the game so anyone can play it. It's also one of the most toxic communities I've seen in my life.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I actually like this idea. It be nice to see more of a variety of characters in competitive play rather than watching high tiers all the time.

Top Bottom