• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Drac's Castle

McTwist

Smash Rookie
Yo, new to these threads, so this issue is probably pretty trivial, but I'm stumped.

Anyways, was messing around with audio files, trying to get some new brstm's for Drac's castle, and I can't seem to get it to work, from my knowledge Drac's bachelor pad overwrites luigi's mansion, so using a brstm converter I used mp3's and tried to overwrite luigi's mansion original music, but when in game, the audio stays the same.
Any tips?
Pic related shows the converter I'm using.

Attachments

210stuna

Smash Lord
What type of converter are you using specifically?

What I do is just go to the "music" file, and manually replace the brstms for that stage with already made brstms on a different website.

Poof, zero complaints from me, and it's easy to do. Do you need any more info on what to do?

McTwist

Smash Rookie
What type of converter are you using specifically?

What I do is just go to the "music" file, and manually replace the brstms for that stage with already made brstms on a different website.

Poof, zero complaints from me, and it's easy to do. Do you need any more info on what to do?
I'm using the brstm the BionicSonic whipped up a while back, on some thread, which I can't recall right now, sorry.

Also, could you link the website? That sounds a hell of alot easier, thanks in advance.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Also, could you link the website? That sounds a hell of alot easier, thanks in advance.
I'm using the website Trojan mentioned, brawlcustommusic. You find the song you want and download the brstm of it. Once finished I rename the brstm to match what song I want to replace following this chart. In this case you would rename your song you downloaded and rename it accordingly to replace these tracks.

Luigi's Mansion
A09 - Luigi's Mansion Theme
A06 - Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB 3)
A05 - Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
Q10 - Tetris: Type A
Q11 - Tetris: Type B

Where you can place the songs you downloaded from any website can be placed in this domain found on your download of P:M in private > Wii > app > RSBE > pf > sound > strm

Here contains every song changed from vanilla Brawl to Project: M. An official list is located within for fellow users like ourselves.

I hope this post helps man.

EDIT: I have my whole Project: M set up on a SD card, currently for the non-hacked, full-set version. So if you use Homebrew or something else, I'm not sure how all that functions.

McTwist

Smash Rookie
@210Stuna
Thanks bro, sorry for the late reply, testing it, and it worked perfectly, It's essentially the same for homebrew so it was pretty simple, again, thanks for the help.

Ikana Stone Tower on Drac's castle is dope.

210stuna

Smash Lord
Do you know how to make the song title appear in game, and in the "My Music" section?

If you're OCD like me, it's a must. Glad you got the main function down hough.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Use Brawlbox to open up the two files in pf/info2 and find the component that has song titles. Search for the one you want to replace (press the key of the first letter to scroll a little faster) and replace 'em. Note that the file size limit is very sensitive so if your song titles are longer than the ones that are there originally you'll need to go into a different component of the same file (I used the internet messages because online is trash) and shorten them (or just delete them). You need to do the same for pf/menu2/mu_menumain.pac.

Note: To speed up the process after you do the name replacing for the first file right click the component with the song titles in it and select extract or extract all or something. Save it somewhere and when you do the other files rightclick and select replace instead of doing it manually.

Sorry if this is too vague or confusing. I'm doing this from memory without looking at Brawlbox.

210stuna

Smash Lord
can u teach me how real quik

It's a little bit more tedious, and time consuming than just changing the song, but it's worth it in my opinion. As a person who shows off his build with friends when we play, it needs to look professional.

Anyways. I followed that guide to rename everything successfully. The only thing that didn't work is the website he mentions to see which tracks were already changed and to what, or something like that, so what I recommend is making your own change log like the PMBR team did.

A01 - Ground Theme (SMB) ---> Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
A17 - Mario Bros. ---> Fountain of Dreams (Melee)

You could make yours in Word, or an Email to later send to yourself to look at.
That way you can quickly know what song you want to replace at a later time if you choose so, or if you want to move the stage texture elsewhere and need to move the songs as well.

You wouldn't want to try and find "Luigi's Mansion Theme" per say to change, when you forgot you changed it to "Ikana Stone Tower" awhile back.

EDIT: Hope that helps.

EDIT II: In response to Trojan. That's right for the most part, probably a bit jarring to someone who hasn't poked around in this area, and very vague. It's important to note how sensitive the file size need to be in order to work. I can't remember the exact file size, but it's mentioned in that video and in the comments again. If it's not the right size nothing will work.

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Yeah, sorry, I wanted to help but didn't have the means to be more specific. I figured a rough template was better than nothing and someone else would come around and touch up on where I was vague.

As for the documentation, this is crucial. What I do is I have a full list of the song files much like the example above in my SD card. I always update it every time I add a new song and if I add a new song but don't change the text file I put a * after it, so:

A01 - Ground Theme (SMB) ---> Metal Mario (Super Smash Bros.)
A17 - Mario Bros. ---> Fountain of Dreams (Melee)*

would mean that I changed both of these songs but haven't gotten around to adjusting the name of Mario Bros. to Fountain of Dreams. The absolute most important thing to keep in mind when editing your Project M files is to stay tidy. Being organized from the get go will save you tons of time backpedaling later.

Top Bottom