• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I am getting a 5 dollar money match against a doc player. I already beat him once but i was not sure how to approach the fight the first time, and i am sure he is more prepared this time.

My question is what works good against doc? combos rest combos juggling combos and just flat out good tactics to use agains doc.

What should I avoid? Certain arials, thows, how to DI throws, what doc is good at doing and what are common trends for doc players.

Thanks

Ronin686

Smash Ace
Many doc players including myself love to spam the bair, so definitely watch out for that, especially when playing such a floaty like jiggs. Fortunately, jiggs's air control is off the chain, so if you're crafty, you may be able to avoid them and maybe even punish him if he spams them too much. Another good thing for you is that he won't be able to juggle you with his uair because jiggs is so floaty. Also, always be on the lookout for a fair. You will die to doctor mario's fair at lower percentages because jiggs is the lightest character in the game.

I hope this helped. Good luck!

4% APR

Smash Champion
I think Doc is decently hard for Jiggs. Try to avoid the Fsmash, that can kill pretty early. Pill spamming is a pain in my opinion also. If you can get him off the edge you can kill him really easily, so try for early low % edgegaurding to get a lead.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
a few rest tricks:

if you shield his fair jump out of shield and rest
cc his jab and rest
utilt to rest works, but you'll be hard pressed to land it

also:

don't get grabbed. he will dthrow you and fair you to hell. if he does get you, try alternating your di to throw him off, jumping away when you can, and if your opponent is a bit slow with it, you might even be able to rest him before the fair comes out, but don't count on it. if you get it once though, he might not want to try again

when he is coming back to the ledge, go under him so he can't pill you, then jump and fair/nair/bair to hit him

mindgame fsmashes. they are good lol

moves that will kill you:

fair (dthrow leads to it)
dsmash (jab leads to it)
fsmash (kills early)

moves that will annoy you:

pills (go over and attack from above)
uair (expect it and hit afterwards, or outprioritize with fair or something)
nair (will trade with a lot of your aerials, either expect it or outprioritize with bair)
bair (*shrugs* you will see this a lot)

i think i'm forgetting something

Duha

Smash Journeyman
does jiggly's pound out prioritize docs back air? Also I saw king do a rollout and went through the pills and hit the doc. IF the doc is spamming pills is this worth the risk or is it just flashy?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
does jiggly's pound out prioritize docs back air? Also I saw king do a rollout and went through the pills and hit the doc. IF the doc is spamming pills is this worth the risk or is it just flashy?
I play Jiggly more than Doc and I say just float around the pills. They are easy to avoid if you know what you are doing. Also Pound, when properly timed and spaced, will be a God send in this match. Pound can lead to a n Uptilt on the ground at low percents and like Aero said that can lead to a rest.
In This match I would not try to rest b/c a missed rest leads to three capes and a Fsmash so try to stick with WoP'ing him off the stage. I agree pretty much with all Aero said so I would definately think about spacing and avoid getting grabbed.
Main game plan:
-get him in the air and combo off and hopefully Dsmash him if he misses a sweet spot.
-WoP at a distance and if he moves in out prioritize him with a Pound and proceed to combo off.
-IF you get a grab Bthrow, or Fthrow which ever is closest, to the edge and...
-IF he starts SHFFL-Bair'ing back up and wait for a Pound, that usually clears you up.
-Finally if you are in a level with platforms, avoid Yoshi Story of all places, don't hang up top unless you can lure him up there and then follow it with a series of Uairs and Dairs.

That's all I can think of.

PS-Pills<Rollout so go ahead if he spams from a distance. and yes Pound out prioritize Bair

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I beat him fairly easy thanks guys i did the rollout through the pills but he caped me fairly easy. i also did a down throw to uair to rest it was sweet looking. i think i got 1 or two up tilt rests also but he wasn't all to good. I told him to down throw fair and he only hit me once with it

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
well congrats. Chalk another victory up for the puff side of the force. I hope you Pounded his Bair at least once or was I wrong or he somehow mythically timed it right?

Duha

Smash Journeyman
cant remember but also there was a toruney where we played and i also one that too it was my first tourney i won with more the 50 people.

Top Bottom