• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Mario can't be a clone

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. He has the potential to be a unique character in Brawl. Here's my idea for new special moves:

Standard - Simple: a Megavitamin rotates in place. If you charge it, the Megavitamin will be bigger.

Down - Smashes a Megavitamin into the ground. If you kept pressing it, it would smash bigger and bigger megavitamins, but there was a chance that he would smash a virus instead of a megavitamin, wich would cause an explosion, damaging dr. Mario. Of course, chances would increase depending on how many times you did that attack at once.

Side - A virus appears overlapping the character, wich would send him up. Immeadeatly, Dr. Mario sends a Megavitamin at him, launching the victim forward.

Up - (still thinking about it)

Final Smash - a giant "bottle" appears, trapping others inside, Dr. Mario then stands in the bottle and shoots lots of Megavitamins inside it, but similar to the original Dr. Mario game: the vitamins would fall slowly, but by pressing down they'd rush downwards. Players would begin to fly around in the bottle like bouncy balls, due to being hit by the vitamins. For the finishing strike, he would rush against the jar (jar! that's the word xD), breaking it and sending the opponents flying.

Comment and ignore the **** out of my bad english u.u'

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He probably won't be in the game...

and of course he can be a clone, he was in Melee

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
His final smash will be diffrent, I don't know about moveset though.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Wow you guys sure answered quickly.
Well we cant really say if hes gonna be or not. We never know what Sakurai is thinking... *thinks of the <insert weird WTF update here> update*

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
He's one I assumed to be taken out of the game, but I am a Dr. Mario fan so it would be kind of awesome to be wrong this time.

What if for the FS the whole screen turned into a big bottle, and you get to direct vitamins down onto your enemies like in the actual game? Except they are bigger and cause a huge... vitamin blast or whatever you call it.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
blablabla, and you get to direct vitamins down onto your enemies like in the actual game?
Actually, I did have that in mind, but they would need to be slowed down so it was actually possibl to control them, and if they were too slow it it wouldn't be that cool.
Unless you controled Dr. Mario instead =O

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Well it could be like Tetris, where they fall very slowly but you can hold down on the control stick to make them fall very fast and get to the next one. Meanwhile the enemies are all running around in the bottle trying to get out of the way, and if you're good enough at it then you could nail everyone.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Dr. Mario has severly poor chances compared to many of the other Melee characters that have not yet been confirmed. His main problem is that; not only is he a clone, he IS Mario in a different outfit. Doesn't that tell you something? Same think goes for Link and Young Link. Same person. Different time zone.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Is Dr. Mario truely Mario? I thought Mario was a plumber, when did he have time to go to medical school? Could Dr. Mario be a third brother? Maybe Mario's twin brother.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Dr. Mario truely Mario? I thought Mario was a plumber, when did he have time to go to medical school? Could Dr. Mario be a third brother? Maybe Mario's twin brother.
Mario is a plumber, construction worker, doctor...a lot of different jobs

Val-Lynn

Smash Rookie
Sakurai has stated that the main reason for Dr. Mario's inclusion was so that he could have an excuse for putting Dr. Mario's theme in the game. Back in Melee, separate outfits for each character must have been out of the question or something, so they made him his own character (A clone nonetheless).

I can only seeing Dr. Mario as playable as a separate costume, but I'm pretty sure Brawl won't have any more than color swaps once again. (The Fusion Suit Samus costume is only color changes, no physical change in the suit, as far as I can tell).

volbound1700

Smash Master
I would prefer a costume over an AT or Trophy, however there is still a slim chance he may be playable. You could do a lot with his moveset and even make a back story like I pointed out where he could be a third brother. He doesn't really fit as being Mario himself.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Mario must have that dissociative personality disorder cause he just seems to wake up every so often with a totally new career. Plumber, construction worker, hotel manager, painter... probably has six wives and forty two children that he doesn't remember.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Mario must have that dissociative personality disorder cause he just seems to wake up every so often with a totally new career. Plumber, construction worker, hotel manager, painter... probably has six wives and forty two children that he doesn't remember.
Wow... and they say Sonic's the one who's screwed up X_X

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
Does no one understand what I mean? X_X
I meant I can't allow him being a clone, if he is in BRAWL.

Top Bottom