• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downtilt has a forward knockback hitbox?

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESW-0XYZzI
Excuse the bad quality camera, I have all my stuff packed away and I'm not getting it all set up again for 1 dazzle recording.

I have no idea why this happens, or if it has been seen before. I was just messing around testing out a new controller I had just fixed up and I found that around 65%+, if you have an opponent with no horizontal DI and dtilt them from uthrow/dthrow, the knockback is forward instead of backward. <_<

Has this been seen ever before? It's relatively useless and impossible to set up against human players, but I've never actually seen anything about it before.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
The dtilt just hit while marth was behind doc so the hit direction got reversed. The dtilt still sent marth "backwards" (above 90°), as marth faced the way he was flying.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
The dtilt just hit while marth was behind doc so the hit direction got reversed. The dtilt still sent marth "backwards" (above 90°), as marth faced the way he was flying.
90% of the time when I wd backwards and dtilt a player behind me it's always sent them farther backwards. I dunno if it's just been a spacing thing or what, but I'd never seen this before today lol

Top Bottom