• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Downloadable characters in Brawl?

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Well that is where the disk came in. And for people that can't be bothered to get it, that would be their loss.

Also, how would it be unfair world-wide? They wouldn't release characters to specific regions... except maybe Japan.......
Heh, I forgot to mention the WiFi connection.

Maybe, JUST maybe an expansion disk, but I doubt it.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Do we have Gamertags? No
Do we have extensive online play? No
Will we have leaders boards for Brawl? Unless something changes, No
Does XBLA have friend codes? No
Do Wii users pay a monthly fee which goes toward making online better? No

Do you see where I'm going with this? Nintendo really could care less what Microsoft is doing. If GH 3 gets downloadable tracks for PS3 and 360, but not Wii, that's youc confirm right there.

If it happens, then maybe, just MAYBE, you have hope.

Just don't hold your breath.
I was the first person to say no. I just agreed that it was possible. I don't care if they add the downloadable characters or not. The point I was trying to make was money, it has nothing to do with how good the online play is. People would pay for more characters, Nintendo knows that. If they release them, they will sell, Nintendo gets money. That is what matters most to any company, be it Microsoft, Nintendo, Walmart, you name it.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
"Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime said that Wii Connect 24 would be able to deliver new content to players.

“You’ve gotten to a particular part in a Wii game, we could push content out to you, so you get to battle a new boss. Maybe you get a new artifact; Maybe you get a new weapon“ "

volbound1700

Smash Master
I love this idea but I think they should wait some time until after the release and make it like an expansion pact. (2 years sounds about right). They should also take fan requests for expansion characters.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I love this idea but I think they should wait some time until after the release and make it like an expansion pact. (2 years sounds about right). They should also take fan requests for expansion characters.
I am sure they will. Fan requests were taken for Brawl, but it was Japan only... hopefully in the future, for the next Smash Bros game, or whatever, they would ask worldwide...

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
I seriously think this would be one of the best ideas they could do. Why the hell are people so opposed to it? I mean come on, if they put it on wifi and on a disk you could get its your loss if you don't feel like getting points or going out to buy the disk.

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i think its a good idea but it has so many aspects i dont no how well it would work but maybe we can hope :)

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
I seriously think this would be one of the best ideas they could do. Why the hell are people so opposed to it? I mean come on, if they put it on wifi and on a disk you could get its your loss if you don't feel like getting points or going out to buy the disk.
I agree. I have no idea why downloads would ba bad thing. It sounds awesome. Cubone!

Top Bottom