• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DownB from Ledge hang

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
I've been using this a little recently but I'm really not convinced on the usefulness compared to the getup attack, or fast fall + jump into aerial attack, or any other number of ledge recovery options - so I wanted to get some opinions on this recovery tool.

What I've been trying is a downB immediately doing the kick out of it to knock someone away, mixing it up with the other 'back-off' options that you have from ledge hanging. Is there something better on the whole than this recovery technique? Or is it like the downA in the air where you only use it in rare cases to keep your opponent unsure of your methods?

SabinFigaro24

Smash Apprentice
ph00t - while I appreciate that you're used to people not searching, this isn't questioning the best method of edge guarding, it's a question of recovery. I read this board multiple times daily, and I'm not one to repost if I can help it.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
yeah it's never worked for me unless the opponent was really stupid and smashed a laggy smash and couldn't recover in time to shield.

ashes

Smash Apprentice
I use it fairly often but i also mix in all the other recovery moves. it also depends on what my opponent is doing. SO if my opponent is near the edge then i will generally use down b if they are alittle further than i use a regular getup attack or jump up, and thenif they are shooting things like grenades, missiles, or dins fire, then i usually jump up.

Top Bottom