• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down-tilt

gg World

Smash Rookie
Upon learning that Doc's d-tilt sends your opponent behind you, I tried to set up a situation where I'm as close to the ledge as possible, turn toward center-stage, and send my opponent way off-stage. It's a tough trick to set-up, but I want to share this idea. If any of you all think it's useful, please incorporate it to your play. Are there any videos showcasing this?

Logz

Smash Cadet
I don't usually see high level Doc players use the dtilt a lot, but like you said, it can be used in that situation and that situation only. Think of it as a worse version of Samus' dsmash. What you can do is CC to dtilt your opponents, then bair the crap out of them until they are dead.

RashAttack

Smash Rookie
Usually there's always a smarter/better option than using d-tilt (e.g D-smash, f-smash, grab etc...), but it DOES give some style points if you pull off d-tilting your opponent behind you and off the stage. Usually works best on fast-fallers at higher percents

Superw0rri0

Smash Ace
The only benefit that DTilt has is that the hitbox comes out faster than a lot of other moves. So grabbing is better but it's a little slower. Honestly it's best just either grab or jab into grab. dtilt is only useful in very rare specific situations and it's only useful at higher percents.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I like to Dtilr and, if they're at low enough percents, fsmash behind me. It allows me to space them if need be, and no one's expecting it.

Zonak

Smash Cadet
I like to use d-tilt for the hilarity it causes. It can also be used as an awkward edge-gaurd, as you can stage spike someone with it if they're recovering low and miss the tech since they aren't expecting it. But in practice, I'd avoid using it except for shield spacing after hitting a shield with an uair or nair.

RoA_Zam

Fire Lion
NNID
Unique
I use Dtilt when I'm being pressured and need to get an opponent off of me when they're at 50%+. The knockback from it is enough for me to be able to regain neutral again. It's a relatively useless move unless you're using it to surprise someone and get out of pressure, or if you're sending someone off the stage in a situation where they set you up for it.

I've used it for stage spikes sometimes, but that's typically because i use the move on accident instead of going out and using cape or an aerial to edgeguard.

Top Bottom