• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

down tilt gimps c;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
high

so i suppose we all know that zelda can down tilt to intercept recoveries. nairo-oppa taught us that right homie

for me it seem to be pi$$ easy to do to captain and rob. but i wanna discuss more

rob is just rly easy to do and you can repeat until he outa fuel. just watch because he can uair.

then rosalina as well

even palutena, i did iit....once

SmashXX

Smash Cadet
I've done it to every single character except these:

Peach: Seems impossible so far because of the umbrella.

Diddy Kong: Seems possible but someone needs to test, may depend on the angle he's recovering from.

Sheik: I've done it before but she's here because the timing is difficult for me but I know it's possible (may also depend depend on which angle she's recovering from).

Ganondorf: Considering Captain Falcon's Up B is easy to Dtilt I assumed the same for Ganondorf but when I try it nothing happens or I get hit with his fist.

Zero Suit Samus: Haven't tried it yet but may be possible?

Ike: Seems impossible to Dtilt because his sword goes up first but if you summon your Phantom in the right place he will get pushed back and not snap on to the stage lol. Or when he Up B's and he goes above the edge just shield from his sword and grab him as seen here at 2:11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ42_STL1-w

Meta Knight: He's the same as Mario, Luigi, Game And Watch, Marth, Lucina, and Pikachu. Their Up B comes out fast with a set angle and speed so the timing for the Dtilt feels as if you need to do it exactly when your opponent presses Up B. Mario and Luigi are easier than the others since you just "feel" when they're going to Up B but Marth and Lucina are tougher and sometimes you both end up hitting each other and this is what always happens with Meta Knight so maybe it's best to not try and Dtilt his recovery.

Fox: It depends on the angle he's coming from but it seems impossible to hit him when he's coming from below in a full vertical angle.

Falco: Same as Fox. In the end, because of their recoveries it's best to just jump off stage and Dair them, just time it right, you can even hit them as their Up B hitbox is active lol.

Pikachu: Same as Meta Knight's description but if you successfully Dtilt his Up B there will obviously be no trade off but. He's only on this list because so far the timing to Dtilt him seems hard and I've only done it once but it's possible lol.

Duck Hunt: Don't face enough of these to test. I could just build a custom stage and let the CPU's come to me from high above but I'm too lazy and don't have the equipment or time to be uploading stuff.

Shulk: Seems impossible so far but it's better to jump down and Dair him.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Please refrain form making threads just to talk about one move in the future, we have multiple threads here for discussing Zelda's moveset and the greatness that is Dtilt ledge blocking, such as the Zelda social, or maybe if you don't want it in too busy of a thread you could bring it up in the Fairy Fountain, which frequently talks about moves' data as well as uses, or now we even have a new moveset analysis/discussion thread for moveset discussion. ^ ^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom