• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Throw Up Air on Peach/Jiggs

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
I am an Ice Climbers main, but I use Sheik as a close secondary, if not a co-main. I particularly like using her against Peach, for obvious reasons, as we have very good Peach players here in the tri-state scene (Ben Grimm, Ryobeat, also formerly Mew2king, who goes Peach against me).

Question:
If Peach or Puff DI inwards (behind you), you can of course up air at medium or higher percents. However I am not 100% sure of the best way to perform the up air. At 100+% percent it seems easy enough to simply jump and up air WITHOUT turning around. That is the way Mew2king does it. However it seems much more difficult to do that around 70-90% (mostly referring to peach). Is it better to simply turn around and up air? (no dashing, just a quick turn around then jump)? Is it even possible to get the sweetspot up air without turning around? I use the A button, so my aerials come out as soon as I jump.

Also, any tips on landing the up air if they DI away? I know you have to do a bit of a dash first then up air. I can usually get it, but it is a hard-link. Is it even a true combo? I asked Mew2king and he was unsure, but said it was guaranteed at high percents (perhaps a frame trap?). Thanks!

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Is the issue that they jump out of it, or that they get too low to up air? If it's the former, maybe you're just too slow; if it's the latter, I'd say consider wavedash/JC up smash. I just did a quick and dirty test of the height and it's looking like it's the latter that's the issue here. It's tough to see conclusively if WD/JC Up smash will work with just two hands, but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
The issue is that if you do the reverse up air, it sourspots sometimes, especially at lower percents. Up smash isn't necessarily guaranteed. I think turning around and up airing may fix that, but I'm not sure whats optimal.

Laudandus

Smash Journeyman
Just do it in place if they DI behind, it's easy if they are at kill percent.

DI away I'm like 99% sure you still get the uair guaranteed.

Top Bottom