• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Throw Tech Chasing?

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
I'm beginning to wonder if this might be viable for Fox or not. Considering the amount of the cast that does not get hit by up throw up air most of the time (Mario Bros, Samus, Puff at high percents) and seeing how consistently Sheik players can do this essentially to death, I want to know if it's an option for Fox. Is it possible to react consistently against these characters' techs, or do we need to make reads? What do you guys think of the potential of this?

Discuss!

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
fox is pretty fast but his dthrow get teched before the animation is even over. A lot of foxes when they d throw go on read against characters with bad tech rolls I can't imagine this working against characters with good tech rolls. Overall dthrow is mostly just used for fishing for that high high percentage kill.

But even if fox can get it consistent most foxes will probably still not do it cause his normal combo game has room for easier 0 to deaths than techchasing with dthrow and is infinitely more fun.

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
If you think you have a read on your opponent tech you might as well go for d-throw-grab-antoher throw, I think. I don't believe you can reaction tech-chase very well, but I could be wrong.

Greed-checkTheTek

Smash Ace
That actually sounds like a horrible idea, On the other hand if you're vs a floaty you can downthrow tech chase into an upsmash as a good mix up on some characters.
Idk lol

Archelon

Smash Journeyman
That actually sounds like a horrible idea, On the other hand if you're vs a floaty you can downthrow tech chase into an upsmash as a good mix up on some characters.
Idk lol
If you have a read on their roll I it's kind of like free damage but idk. I saw m2k use it once cause the person he was playing was a couple % too low for u-throw u-air to kill so he did d-throw regrab utrow uair

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
I only use dthrow as a mixup, and use it only once per game or less

Vorde

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Vorde
3DS FC
4613-7807-1976
Yeah, unless you have a read it's kind of useless, and people will tend to mix up their techs more.
Yeah that's true. Again, I tend not to use it in high level play

Top Bottom