• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down throw into Dair

Mizuo84

Smash Rookie
So I pulled off d-throw into dair a few times online and wanted to know if this is a combo? It reminds me of a squirtle combo as wario and squirtle have the similar multi hit dair

Uberhero

Smash Rookie
Well it's a very, very basic chain but no, it's not a combo. To me, a combo is made of about 4 or more attacks in sucession.

Here are some basic combos that I learned. Try going on Training Mode!

Neutral Air (the key here is to land both hitboxes) + 1 or 2 Up-Tilt + Up Air (if the opponent is at high percentages, use the waft)

Down Tilt + Neutral Air (both hitboxes) + Forward Air + Down Air (you could try using one more Neutral Air, if the opponent is off stage. It could be difficult to land both hitboxes in this part, though, so while you're practicing try to hit either the first or the last hitbox. However, I'd recommend the first hitbox; since the second one launches your opponent to the air, that could facilitate their recovery.)

Mizuo84

Smash Rookie
Well it's a very, very basic chain but no, it's not a combo. To me, a combo is made of about 4 or more attacks in sucession.

Here are some basic combos that I learned. Try going on Training Mode!

Neutral Air (the key here is to land both hitboxes) + 1 or 2 Up-Tilt + Up Air (if the opponent is at high percentages, use the waft)

Down Tilt + Neutral Air (both hitboxes) + Forward Air + Down Air (you could try using one more Neutral Air, if the opponent is off stage. It could be difficult to land both hitboxes in this part, though, so while you're practicing try to hit either the first or the last hitbox. However, I'd recommend the first hitbox; since the second one launches your opponent to the air, that could facilitate their recovery.)
Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it. I am familiar with the first combo you mentioned but definitely need to practice it because they always DI out before I can land the up airs.

Uberhero

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it. I am familiar with the first combo you mentioned but definitely need to practice it because they always DI out before I can land the up airs.
No problem! Try first practicing against a big character such as Bowser or Donkey Kong, and then progressively move to smaller characters, such as Pichu.

If you want to train sometime, you can add me: SW-6631-7741-0229

Last edited:

Mizuo84

Smash Rookie
No problem! Try first practicing against a big character such as Bowser or Donkey Kong, and then progressively move to smaller characters, such as Pichu.

If you want to train sometime, you can add me: SW-6631-7741-0229
Would love to practice! Appreciate it. Definitely going to try this. I’ll be on a trip this weekend but when I return I’ll add you !

GoTE | Lickme.pl

Smash Rookie
I'd suggest doing Pichu first instead. If you can land a combo on a Pichu, you can land it on anyone.

Top Bottom