• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Throw + Down Tilt

Havasion

Smash Rookie
I noticed that Falco can KO opponents fairly easily using the down tilt around percentages greater than 100.

I was just curious as to why this combo isn't being utilized as much with pro players since I feel it would be pretty useful when trying to get a KO.

Is it because people can easily roll out of the D. Throw?
Is their too much lag time between the moves?

Just a little observation.

Fabio the Great

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5026-4613-0886
Down throw doesn't actually combo into anything, you can tech it everytime. The only thing down throw can really be used for is stage control and/or tech chasing with it. Now, if they don't expect it or don't know how to deal with it, you can d-tilt them, but this isn't going to happen outside of low level play

Havasion

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks guys. That makes more sense.

I guess this is just a silly stunt I'll pull with my friends.

orvs

Smash Cadet
you can down throw-->down tilt nana in the ice climbers matchup. Since nana doesn't tech, down throw --> down tilt is a combo.

If popo tries to hit you, the lasers will intterupt him. If popo shields the lasers from the down throw, usually he will be pushed out of range. so when you down tilt nana, it can hit confirm nana and be used to zone/poke popo while remaining relatively safe.

trilok

Smash Apprentice
against fox specifically, theres some sorts of mixups you can do at various percents with your shine and regrab/tilt and their shine and di away. you are actionable 6 frames before the fox

TrustyBag

Smash Rookie
Because of DI and and Tech, D-Throw to D-Tilt is not something you should resort to every time you get a grab because it is super easy to punish if messed up. That being said though a combo that I think should be used more in pro play that is really useful is laser to D-Tilt when your opponent is at high percent. D-Tilt is one of Falco's most underrated moves and if used correctly you can be really successful.

Top Bottom