• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down Special options?

TerraSky

Super Smash Goat
NNID
TarrenSky
3DS FC
0791-4190-6031
Switch FC
SW-8134-0988-3694
So I've been experimenting for a while with the Mii Gunner and I've been having a lot of fun. Seriously considering picking up as a secondary or even a main. I've been trying to finalize my special moves load-out, and I'm pretty certain I want to stick with Grenade Launch (NSpecial 3), Cannon Uppercut (USpecial 2), and Flame Pillar (FSpecial 1) However, I'm torn when trying to figure out what I want for the Down special. All of them seem viable to some degree. I've been using Bomb Drop for a while, but I've found it to have too much ending lag to really be a safe option. In your opinion, and keeping my other choices in mind, what do you guys think would be the best option for me?

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
So I've been experimenting for a while with the Mii Gunner and I've been having a lot of fun. Seriously considering picking up as a secondary or even a main. I've been trying to finalize my special moves load-out, and I'm pretty certain I want to stick with Grenade Launch (NSpecial 3), Cannon Uppercut (USpecial 2), and Flame Pillar (FSpecial 1) However, I'm torn when trying to figure out what I want for the Down special. All of them seem viable to some degree. I've been using Bomb Drop for a while, but I've found it to have too much ending lag to really be a safe option. In your opinion, and keeping my other choices in mind, what do you guys think would be the best option for me?
Without a doubt, the absorbing option. Using it with your jumps increase your jump height as well, so you have a better chance of recovering with that Up-B.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Vortex or Bombs. Former is good against energy projectiles/extra jump height to compensate for cannon uppercut's low vertical recovery, latter can damage shields a bit.

TerraSky

Super Smash Goat
NNID
TarrenSky
3DS FC
0791-4190-6031
Switch FC
SW-8134-0988-3694
Thanks for the help guys. I think I'll go with Absorbing Vortex, for the reasons listed. While I'm on the subject of finalizing my Mii, what are the recommended height and weight vales to maximize performance?

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I usually go short for extra mobility in exchange for less range. I haven't fiddled with the weight much

TerraSky

Super Smash Goat
NNID
TarrenSky
3DS FC
0791-4190-6031
Switch FC
SW-8134-0988-3694
So, I've been rethinking my choice for Up Special. While a nice kill option for a character who has trouble killing, I find myself SDing much more often than I'd like, even with Absorbing Vortex's help. I'm switching over to Lunar Launch, and switching my Down Special back to Bomb Drop. It's laggy, but it has so many uses, working without it is like missing a limb. Thanks for the help again, guys, and if there's any other tips you'd like to lend me, don't hesitate.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Yeah... Uppercut's a hit or miss for most people.

Top Bottom