• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B

Flippy Flippersen

Smash Journeyman
So I was debating on using Luigi in pm and I noticed his down b still takes a gazzilion pushes to lift off. So I had to know if there was some deeper meaning behind that (like being able to go exactly to a certain spot) Otherwise I don't see a reason to keep it in since having to mash a single button 13 times in a second only keeps out people like me who can't and it won't add anything for the people who can do it.

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Down B only rises with mashing, it is a bit more lenient than Melee was. I originally couldn't mash that much, it just takes practice.

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Mashing Luigi Tornado is way easy compared to Melee. That move save my *** so many times in recovery action. That said, you could get gimped if you not sweetspot the move or act immediately out of it.

TFO

Smash Cadet
THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was having trouble using the B button, so, what you need to do to always get maximum/close to maximum height is this.

1. Make a Name for yourself with the pencil icon under the character picture
2. Go to "OPTIONS"
3. Go to "CONTROLS" then go to the name you just set
4. Set ALL OF THE the D-Pad controls (up,left,right, and down) to "SPECIAL" instead of the footstool-taunt thingy
5. Place your middle finger (or any finger that works best for you) at the middle of the D-Pad
6. At the same time, press down on the analog stick and then wiggle your finger on the D-Pad (preferably left to right or top-right to bottom-left)

you should go really high without having to put too much stress on your shoulders/arms by repeatedly pressing that stupid B button!
I will make a thread out of this called, "Easy Cyclone Recovery Method"

Top Bottom