• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B techchasing?

jhunter_d

Smash Apprentice
It might be a good option if you want to follow up on a throw but I think that the move would end the techchase situation.

Poccoishere

Smash Cadet
Is down B a good techchase option or should I just wavedash -> grab?
To be honest luigi has more tech chase options than sheik in my opinion. Yes, you will drop more than a Sheik but your options can lead to more follow ups outside of a regrab. Luigi can follow up with almost his entire kit: fsmash, bair, ftilt, down smash, fair, dair, nair the works. So I would say that if you can get a follow up after your down b then use it.

Yann J.Ridin

Smash Apprentice
Switzerland, La Suisse, Pays de Neuchâtel
Meh, Tornado is certainly not the best/optimal option. Only have a real conversion after it against fast faller at certain % if you timing right to hit at least the seconde hit. In fact, if you try to cover tech in place and a techroll, you will often being trick by the gap of hitbox between the two hit or whatever. Bref, i dont recommended it.

Personally, I just use it to bait a get up attack when falling on someone laying down, make they think that i will hit them. they get up attcke, i double jump then cancel my double jump with a tornado to hit them at the right timing after the get up attack.

sskylann

Smash Rookie
If I am in the lead sometimes i'll use down b. This is because its a very easy method to cover techs, so its practically free damage! As well, its a free way to charge tornado :)

Top Bottom