• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down-B difficulty

Sindel

Smash Cadet
I'm having a real problem getting anything to work with Down-B. I always miss my opponent and it leaves Meta Knight open to every attack thinkable, especially when I play against Pit/Wolf/Snake. The only thing I do with it is gain a small combo advantage but can anyone help? It's the only move of MK's I can't really work with...

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
I'm not really a pro at MK, but the Down-B really should be used rarely only for mind games, for the reason that, at least for me, it's hard to aim it correctly and has a pretty nasty lag after if you miss.

but it's pretty good for edge hogging stuff.. for example you can dash near a ledge and down-B to teleport to the ledge faster.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
I find it good for a suprise attack from any direction. If you hold b down he does the attack every time so it works pretty well as an attack.

DrSalvador

Smash Cadet
Whenever you think "I should use down-b": Don't. Use neutral B instead. Down-B is a very situational move. IMO, the only times you should use it are:

-Edgehogging
-Feint a dash approach, when the other player anticipates and reacts with a shield, grab or dodge, down-b
-When the opponent approaches you from the air, you have not used it in a while AND has high percent. Down-b is a finisher.
-When an opponent is trying to dash at you with a dash attack or up-smash out of a dash. Just hit forward then back and A, and you should move slightly backwards and attack in the same direction you originally faced. I've gotten my friends a few times with that for a kill.

Down-b should be used about once or twice a match if at all. I would say use it more of you were invincible while invisible, but you're not. So it mostly sucks. Neutral B is much better.

Top Bottom