• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down - B = beastly?

ThreeX

Smash Lord
well, just a quick question.. imma lil curious.. was jus playin around with a friend, he said he's been messin around wit g-dorf lately, he told me before the match.. that he's been lovin down-B for a spike.. i said yea scru that.. thinking he's gonna actually use it to sort of suicide spike.. or possibly jump off, down b and try to recover...

err, neways. . . he got me off the stage, as i'm recovering with phantasm jumps up, down-b'ng the edge of the stage to spike me.. looked so sick, was wondering if anyone ever used it xD post here with your thoughts

ThreeX

Smash Lord
It's like hitting them with a truck or rhino XD

WTFFF XDD made me laugh IRL, expecially cause i usually refer the down-b to 'race car driver' but neways.. wtf do you mean by a rhino? tank from gta or an actual rhino irl :D?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Btw, you do realize that Ganon and Falcon's down B restores their Mid-air jump? (Ganon's is ten times better for horizontal recovery fyi)

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Btw, you do realize that Ganon and Falcon's down B restores their Mid-air jump? (Ganon's is ten times better for horizontal recovery fyi)
yea i know xD i'm not a re-re =\ i gotta low post-count but i DO know what smash is 0.x;

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Like most of Ganondorf's attacks, it's kinda unnecessary, but it's definitely very showy. (Sort of like when your opponent is dead anyway, but you go ahead and jump down and thunderdrop them...) When I say "unnecessary," I mean you have plenty of choices to KO someone with Dorf who is trying to recover.

Anyway, the vB spike is a great one to do if you can get the timing down. It's one of those things that people never expect, and it's great to see their faces.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I've seen Magus do dair --> down b spike in some of his Ganon vids. Didn't work all the time, but it was kind of lol when it did.

From what I get, you guys are talking about actually edgeguarding with it, which sounds very impractical and needlessly flashy. I don't think there's much point to waiting for them to recover to try and down+b spike the vast majority of characters; generally if it's a space animal recovering reverse uair would probably be better (not to mention easier), same with peach, you probably have better options than this on marth (would this even hit through the up+B?) and vs Sheik it's pretty useless. I don't think this would be particularly practical against Jiggs either. Maybe against the IC since a single IC's recovery is incredibly bad but even then uair or bair or whatever would probably be better...

It is freakin' sexy when it does work though.

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
I've seen Magus do dair --> down b spike in some of his Ganon vids. Didn't work all the time, but it was kind of lol when it did.

From what I get, you guys are talking about actually edgeguarding with it, which sounds very impractical and needlessly flashy. I don't think there's much point to waiting for them to recover to try and down+b spike the vast majority of characters; generally if it's a space animal recovering reverse uair would probably be better (not to mention easier), same with peach, you probably have better options than this on marth (would this even hit through the up+B?) and vs Sheik it's pretty useless. I don't think this would be particularly practical against Jiggs either. Maybe against the IC since a single IC's recovery is incredibly bad but even then uair or bair or whatever would probably be better...

It is freakin' sexy when it does work though.
It would eat right through Marth's upB. Pretty much if a character gets touched by it off the stage, they plummet to their doom. You can do it to the edge too, as in the hitbox carries through the stage and the same effect occurs.

Iorek

Smash Rookie
down b is ganons best move because it moves him around the stage it goes so far you never get hit for it.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
down b is ganons best move because it moves him around the stage it goes so far you never get hit for it.
XDDD, yea dude.. it's good, but definately not the best.. if anything his Uair is the best :D i really didn't mean this thread seriously, like.. to use as a spike it's arite ( more flashy), and to.. sometimes use on the ground it's arite, but DEFINATELY don't over-use it..

Top Bottom