• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles Strategy for Peach and Pikachu

SSS

Smash Ace
Hey, guys.

I have started hosting miniature tournaments for me and my friends. There are about 10 to 15 of us, and we each pay five dollars, with the winner getting the prize. We are helping each other grow as smashers and get better for the sole purpose of destroying one another.

Anyway, the next tournament we're planning on doing is a Doubles Tournament. I will be Pikachu, he will be Peach.

Are there any really good guides to Doubles?
What strategies are there?
Do you have any strategies that might work for Pikachu+ Peach?

Thanks!

Also if you're in the Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area in California, hit me up! :)

-S

:phone:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You should come play wifi sometime. SlayerZ and I will show you the true meaning of Peach in dubz <3

SnowCold

Smash Apprentice
peach+pika is a weird team. i think it gcould have potentially good stage control capabilities. you'll have to protect your partner from MKs though. peach gets eaten alive by MK. some team combos could be:

pika dthrow, peach dair, pika upair, peach SDI away, pika jump up air, nair, peach fair/upair. that's really complicated though

for peach throw follow ups, probably nair or dair are your best options for quick follow up. upsmash, thunder, or maybe fsmash are possible follow ups. it is possible to footstool to QAL but that's pretty hard.

I think with your team, you should be throwing the opponents offstage trying to clear their stage control, and then proceed to edge guard. You should also support your partner, pika is good in teams because he's quick and can get to his partner fast. Your partner should also be edgeguarding but a bit more safely. he wants to control the stage. also go for throw combos whenever you can, a solid 20% is always nice.

Top Bottom