• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles partners?

Falkorr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Falkorr
First time posting, here goes.

Someone I know mains :4darkpit:, and i'm thinking about getting them into doubles to ease them into the more competitive side of Smash. Problem is, I have very little doubles experience (only played :4ganondorf::4bowser: and :4shulk::4shulk:, both for giggles), and they have absolutely none. So, who would make a good partner for the angels?

For reference, I main :4drmario: and :4ganondorf:, but i'm happy to learn another character.

WEEGEEplus1

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2398-7575-3158
Well I play Pit which, is almost identical to Dark Pit so I hope this helps, and I do pretty well in doubles with my brother and he plays Sonic. So I guess you can try that.

xfateful

Smash Cadet
Villager is always a good doubles partner. There are also some interesting things you can do with Villager and Dark Pit/Pit like reflecting the tree and having Villager pocket it.

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
I've played teams with a friend, I was Pit and he was Dr. Mario, you both need to have a really good control of your characters, alot of times my friend needed an arrow here and there to recover, and since Dr. Mario has many killing moves it was easy to have like Pit to rack up damage and let the Doctor to give the final blow

BaeBraham

Coffee and Smash enthusiast
NNID
BaeBraham
3DS FC
4184-3853-8896
In my experience in Doubles I've played with a Sheik, Villager, and a Roy. All three of those made for great partners. Roy for a lot of similar reasons to why Doc worked well for Zio. For Sheik it was a little bit of a role reversal, she racked on a ton of damage and I just had to get in there with an up smash/upperdash arm/forward smash. Villager worked well for a the reasons fateful mentioned.

Top Bottom