• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doubles or Singles?

Do you prefer Doubles or Singles?

• Total voters

Qjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Quidnip
Does anybody else very heavily prefer dubs to singles? I just feel that the game is a bit too defensive for 1v1 battles, but maybe that's just due to lack of experience :/ . I'm curious to see what you guys think :D

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I don't have too much experience with doubles since Team FG is flawed beyond belief and most of my friends do not play doubles properly.

I am interested in the mode since I'm all for working with someone to triumph over another duo and to bring hype in 1v2s.

Qjo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Quidnip
I don't have too much experience with doubles since Team FG is flawed beyond belief and most of my friends do not play doubles properly.
this is probably the biggest reason why its not popular lol
i think, in addition, i have a weak spot for dubs because it was the first mode i got into seriously ^^

MVboy39

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MVboy39
3DS FC
4940-5715-0569
Singles. Other than with my amiibo, I've never been a good team player, and no one else in For Glory seems to be, either. (This is also why I've pretty much abandoned League of Legends and Call of Duty.) I've heard people say that they would like team attack to be on in FG, which sounds great on paper; however, this would lead to even more griefing in the form of team KOs, essentially replacing one problem with another problem.

FLYING 7UR7LE

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLYINGTRTL
3DS FC
5413-0294-8873
I am one of the people who wants team attack on on for glory. It would stop projectile spam and would force players who want to win to play the match a way a doubles match is supposed to be played. Instead of being so close that their character models are inside each other like some kind of ******** ice climbers. I also think for glory should have ranked matches. I get bored of 1v1s on smash 4 very quickly. 2v2s have way more depth and keep me wanting to play.

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Singles are what I play more often and am better at, but playing doubles with my bro is just too much fun. I love the aspect of having to strategize and work together like a well oiled machine. It's also more mentally demanding, since you have to keep an eye on your opponents AND your partner.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Singles. Though I will say, whenever I get the chance to play doubles, it's quite fun and feels very unique!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I haven't played dubs until fairly recently and I must say I enjoy it a lot more than singles. Maybe it's because I like someone else to help me out when I make a stupid mistake. :)

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
They both have their uses.

In a group of equally skilled players a free for all or 1vs1 can be epic.

If there is a wide range of experience/skill, then IMO some 6 or 8player doubles with rotating teams is a good way to make it fun for everyone.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Competitively I prefer doubles by a landslide. At least on this game, not that 1v1 is bad! just that sm4sh doubles is truly a thing of beauty when you have good players on it.

edit: Not for glory doubles though, thats just multihit abusing lmao

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I'm garbage at doubles, however, I'd be willing to fix that.

Satoros0

Smash Rookie
I much prefer doubles, even if I almost only play singles. It's really a shame there isn't more of a scene for doubles in any of the smash games that I've seen.

Doubles allow for huge variety of both offensive and defensive strategies, and I feel to some extent allows better use of characters that are less viable in singles (since you have a teammate to offset weaknesses or just have synergy with).

That being said, I believe playing singles helps focus on mastering your character, which can then translate into better doubles performance, even though the strategies are often different.

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
I almost exclusively play singles mainly because I only play Smash with my two brothers, so we don't have enough players for doubles. But when our cousin drops by, you can bet that I will play doubles.

Although to be honest, I've killed my teammate far more times than our opponents have. :p

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I almost exclusively play singles mainly because I only play Smash with my two brothers, so we don't have enough players for doubles. But when our cousin drops by, you can bet that I will play doubles.

Although to be honest, I've killed my teammate far more times than our opponents have. :p
It is so freaking hard to get used to friendly fire being on...

I'd play with it more, but to often we have such a variety of skill levels playing where it would be mean to enable it.

EtrianHero23

Smash Cadet
It is so freaking hard to get used to friendly fire being on...

I'd play with it more, but to often we have such a variety of skill levels playing where it would be mean to enable it.
Yeah, doubles can get messy with all the hitboxes that fly around the stage, but when you and your teammate cooperate successfully, it's a beautiful thing to watch. For example, Ryo and Sol's tag team at CEO. Watching that made me hype.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I've always been the singles type. I only do doubles when I'm either in the mood or when my sister plays with me.

Last edited:

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
Doubles is a lot of fun. When you and your teammates synergy is on it is super satisfying.

pokelogan89

Smash Rookie
NNID
pokelogan89
I feel that if they added multiple doubles options, it would be so much better. For example, having an option to do stocked battles instead of time, because I am a huge fan of double but ONLY STOCKED!

Top Bottom