• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Doubles FOR GLORY MODE!

Raijinken

Smash Master
Hopefully they'll add it in the future, though it is admittedly much harder to balance for a team than for an individual.

Raijinken

Smash Master
that is so lame, when it comes to online experience nintendo is still stuck in the past
I wouldn't say that (I mean, I also wouldn't deny their tech is kinda behind, or at least has been for a while). Not allowing a preset team for online makes sense from a matchmaking simplicity stance. If you throw four unrelated players together who have similar skill ratings, you're more likely to get at least a fairly even game, assuming no Team Attack (which seems to be the case for now). But if you have to balance around premade teams of two (disregarding whether or not those teams can only face other pairs or are able to match against two randoms who don't know each other), then you're less likely to get a similarly balanced match unless those two players are exactly equal. If I was some great pro player and teamed with a friend of mine who'd been playing for an hour, then one way or another, the matchmaking will freak out, as either he's dead weight against skilled players or I single-handedly beat the enemy team of beginners.

Not that it couldn't (or shouldn't) happen for Smash, but it's understandably why they haven't.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Team attack is forced off anyways, so meh.
Especially with the current implementation of randoms, Team Attack would make it a miserable experience. It's only a reasonable setting when you're playing with people you know.

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Especially with the current implementation of randoms, Team Attack would make it a miserable experience. It's only a reasonable setting when you're playing with people you know.
Oh I understand it from Nintendo's point of view, I just wanted to let OP know if he didn't already that this was the case. : )

Top Bottom