• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double shine hitboxes--a question

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
If you stand next to your opponent, close but just far enough for your shine to miss, if you JC into a double shine, it will hit.

So what the hell is up with that? Do the hitboxes magically grow on the second shine? And if so, do they continue to grow for triple shines, quadruples, etc.?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Nevermind, I figured it out. When you JC into a shine, the shine moves very slightly in the direction Fox is facing during the opening frames before reverting to the normal position. I suspect this is because the shine comes out before the crouching animation is finished, and JC'ing makes you leave the crouching position.

The hitboxes don't grow; they just move.

^^^
Edit: Actually upon further inspection I'm still unsure what's going on. I'll try to figure it out but if anyone already knows I'd appreciate being spared the headache.

takieddine

Smash Master
^yep what he said,

In your starting Jump state, you have about 3 frames or so where you're grounded, where you can still DI, usmash jc grab etc....

Top Bottom