• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Reverse Falcon Punch

Kamaji

Smash Ace
This is the coolest thing I've seen capt. falcon do yet. Not incredibly useful, but instead, its incredibly awesome. Heres how you do it: Do a turn around falcon punch in the air (just like in melee), then right as the punch starts, smash the control stick in the opposite direction.

The result is captain falcon punching in the direction he was originally facing. This works with gannon too.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I totally wanted to know if you could do this. Great fakeouts.. Suppose I'll go pracrice in melee to get the first part down. XP

Anyone wanna clarify how to do it in melee again?

Kamaji

Smash Ace
you cant do double reverse in melee, just the single, but all you have to do is smash the opposite direction you're facing in the air, then neutral b right after.

metroid1117

Smash Master
This was in the Smash Dojo update, but it's still interesting. This could lead to some broken techchasing, lol.

MeloDeath

Smash Apprentice
yea it's a cool technique, wit the added damage and all, but you have to stay in the air the whole time, so i dont think it will be practical

Winnar

Smash Lord
Haha, that sounds pretty cool. Not totally useful, but fun to do at least.

And people please, it wasn't a dojo update. The dojo said 180 punch, not 360. I guess you could have inferred it, but it was explicitly stated.

olol bigg wrdz i didf spll thm rite ya? LORFMA

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I can see it now... C. Falcon's opponent below and in front of him. He dodges so he's now behind the good captain.

"FALCON..."

"Whoops, better dodge back"

"360 PAUNCH!"

"GAME SET!"

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
When i saw the Falocn update i immediatly though if something like this could be done, and im glad to hear it can be, i used to throw the occasionally mid-stage-jump-reverse falcon punch, just because, and my opponent used to roll behind me, so probably now it'd be flashy AND actually hit something XD

Winnar

Smash Lord
Okay, so two things.

1) To perform the 360 Punch, you have to
  1. Jump, preferably from a dash
  2. Pull a Melee-esque reverse Falcon Punch (lightly press the opposite direction, then press B)
  3. Pull a Brawl-esque reverse Falcon Punch (press the direction you're heading in making sure you do this immediately AFTER you press B)
  4. ???
  5. PROFIT!!!
2) Allegedly, the Post-B Reverse Punch does more damage than its non-reversed brethren. Perhaps you would want to do the 360 Punch to do more damage? Assuming you would even do Falcon Punch to begin with <.<

Actually, I pulled a Brawl-esque reverse Falcon Punch on Squirtle today IN THE AIR. It was the best edgeguard of all time. Oh, and I recovered from it. Easily.

Falcon Punch is God Tier.

Foxy

Smash Master
Okay, so two things.

1) To perform the 360 Punch, you have to
  1. Jump, preferably from a dash
  2. Pull a Melee-esque reverse Falcon Punch (lightly press the opposite direction, then press B)
  3. Pull a Brawl-esque reverse Falcon Punch (press the direction you're heading in making sure you do this immediately AFTER you press B)
  4. ???
  5. PROFIT!!!
2) Allegedly, the Post-B Reverse Punch does more damage than its non-reversed brethren. Perhaps you would want to do the 360 Punch to do more damage? Assuming you would even do Falcon Punch to begin with <.<

Actually, I pulled a Brawl-esque reverse Falcon Punch on Squirtle today IN THE AIR. It was the best edgeguard of all time. Oh, and I recovered from it. Easily.

Falcon Punch is God Tier.
winrar, 2.5 internets

But seriously, I wouldn't have thought of this. Double reverse PAUNCH. I'm going to do it. A lot.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...I'm not sure if it's possible, but you MIGHT be able to pull off a 540 Punch as well <.<

Maybe. If someone wants to test it before the 9th, feel free, otherwise I'll find a way to post a video of it.

1. Start running [Note: For this example, Captain Falcon will be running right. To get the opposite effect, just switch the directions. Simple enough, right?]
  2. Smash the control stick (or d-pad if you're going sideways Wiimote) to the left
  3. Jump
  4. Slightly press the control stick (or d-pad) right and press B to do the Melee-esque Reverse Falcon Punch
  5. Immediately press the control stick left to do the Brawl-esque Reverse Falcon Punch
  6. Send $200 check or cash to this address...
  7. ...and receive a fabulous 540 Falcon Punch in 3 to 5 working days!
Hahaha, this probably won't even work, and especially won't be useful. Might be a nice taunt though? XD

Winnar

Smash Lord
That's what they told me D:

There were like 20 people fighting to play friendlies or tourney matches, so I didn't exactly get much time to test stuff out.

Kamaji

Smash Ace
sorry, I dont have proper recording equip... If someone else does, would they mind recording it?

Top Bottom