• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double jump + Uair... how do you do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

_gold_

Smash Master
I've watched a few videos where someone has done this, and I've been wondering how. I've pulled it off once but I can't seem to manage to hit it again. In this video, skip to 3:30 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQbFITiHPQ

When I try it, I jump up, hit uair, but then I can't jump again. How do you jump twice? Is it just a matter of timing?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I'm assuming whats happening is that you have tap jump on, so when you press Up+A in the air to do an uair, you're accidentally double jumping right before the first Uair.

To circumvent this, you can either turn tap jump off, or use the C-Stick to do the uair. That way you'll conserve your second jump.

Please post these kinds of questions in the Quick Question, Quick Answer thread (Stickied) in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom