• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double jump and aerials

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
I noticed this while trying out some of the double jump tricks that a lot of Yoshi players use: if you input an aerial very quickly after starting a turnaround double jump, that aerial keeps its original direction (I realize this isn't anything new). So you can do things like a floaty/rising bair toward the enemy. I tested the frame window where you can do this and here is what I found.

Input an aerial on frames 1-3 of a double jump to keep the original direction. There's a 2 frame input buffer so in reality you have 1-5 frames after inputting the double jump to do this.

To do a turnaround aerial, input the aerial on frame 4 or later. Again, there's a 2 frame input buffer so inputting the aerial at least 6 frames after inputting the double jump will result in a turnaround aerial.

So basically you have up to 1/12 seconds to input an aerial after inputting a double jump if you want to keep your original direction, and you have to wait at least 1/12 seconds to perform a turnaround aerial.

Last edited:
Top Bottom