• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Ganon $wag $quad for Teams

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
So and my teams partner recently decided that we want to get a really good double Ganon team going. Problem is, there isn't really any good data to run off of, since double Ganon isn't really a thing. So, this is just what I would be imagining would be Ganon's better stages:

BEST:
-Yoshi's Story
-Dreamland
-Battlefield

Ganon is free to waveland around and either bully in close quarters or live till forever in large spaces, with Battlefield providing a good mix of the two.

NEUTRAL:
-Pokemon Stadium
-Final Destination

No real advantges or disadvantages to these stages, at least as far as I can see. Might get kills earlier off the top and survive a little longer, but you suffer a weaker neutral on Pokemon, and you have to play defensively on FD, which could easily work out against you.

WORST:
-Kongo Jungle 64

DON'T. GO. HERE.

So, input is very appreciated. An I right/wrong? What should we work on as a Ganon team?

Last edited:

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
I've been in a Ganon ditto team before. As powerful as it may seem, they have major disadvantages.

For one, it's a really easy team to edgeguard, especially against a Marth ditto.

You want to avoid getting seperated, as it heavily hurts the team.

Yoshi's isn't as good of a stage as you would think it is, because of the large hitboxes on ganon. Having two Ganons on Yoshi's can be a trouble for your spacing.

When off the stage, it's tough to get help or help your teammate recover

Overall, I would prefer having Ganon with a lighter character to have that more balanced edge to it. Lighter characters would be a lot better for support, especially when getting edgeguarded.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Yoshi's can be a double edged sword if you're not wary of your partner. And Final Destination is actually a really good stage for double Ganon imo. If you're able to group on one person while at the same time be able to isolate the other player, it work's really well.

It mostly depends on how you and your partner synergize. If you are just wary of where your partner is, and work around each other's setups, it's not that bad of a team.

maybe @n0ne can throw out some more tips, we've done the team composition a lot of times.

Nicco

Smash Journeyman
Agree that yoshi's isn't good for double ganon. But double ganon can put some solid pressure on people. In a 2v1 situation, double ganon is amazing. Be ready to cover rolls and such. Have one play support and one in offense. Basically stand behind the other Ganon, and if anything happens to him, just get in there and fuq zhit up!

Good team combos are forward/backthrow to your partner as he down/upsmashes. Me and my partner pulled off a sort of wobble once with pommel and weak uairs.

Get good at meteor cancelling and save each other with stomp for max swag!

Last edited:

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Double Ganon IS MORE THAN A THING. Me and spider_sense have been the world champions for about 45 years running. The list of the best teams would be considered a deadly gauntlet on its worst day (with the likes of players like whatisfear and Mr brandandorf), but you must earn the right to challenge the team in the #10 spot. Ever watch street outlaws? Just like that.

Top Bottom