• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Edge Dance

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
There was no Q&A thread so yeah.

If anyone has any tips on how I can do the DED (side B, dancing blade) it would be much appreciated.

I can't get the third and fourth hits. :S

Thanks

Zwei Striker

Smash Apprentice
Well, as it happens to be, I was about to ask something similar. I can get the 3rd hit and the 4rth, but I feel I get the 3rd one out too slowly to combo with the second one, yet when I try to make it faster it doesn't come out. Any ideas? I mean, I've seen videos where they do it really fast, and I've pulled it out like two times by accident.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
Evenly time every hit. You cant just mash the side b and successfully deal out a 4 hit ded. Instead of 1234 or maybe even 1-2-3-4, try 1--2--3--4. You know what I mean? If you need any help I'll see what I can provide you with.

camerino1

Smash Lord
The weirdest one to time the fourth off of is 3V. It lasts a little longer, so the timing is odd. But yeah, you need to be very good on your timing, and it takes practice. I still mess up on occasion with it, but then again, I'm no pro. You just need to go 1-2-3-4, and keep doing it slightly faster everytime until you hit the zone where it no longer works. Once you find that, backtrack a little bit, then practice at the fastest speed where it can for you over and over. It really does take practice to pull off every time, but once you have it it gets easier to do on reflex.

unknown522

Some guy
Lol. They don't all combo together. The 3rd hit should never combo into the 4th unless they have some next level DI.

The first 3 hits may combo but it depends on many factors:
- the character you're facing
- their DI
- they have to not be holding down
- their percent

:phone:

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Lol. They don't all combo together. The 3rd hit should never combo into the 4th unless they have some next level DI.
Not true. In most cases they won't combo, true, but after >>^, if the third swing tips and doesnt spike, it often sets up for 4^ (love that notation Camerino, totally using it from now on). Its not something so good you can base your game around it, but I've gotten several tournament kills looking for it.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I was talking about all of them, not just >>>>. That combo doesn't work often, if ever. I usually go >>^V or >^V^. Although when I'm playing may friends I usually mess up the 3V one into the fourth, because I want to spam it and it lasts longer than the others :p

Bing

Smash Master
Okay so Ive been dabbling around with Roy for awhile and I was just wondering if d-tilt to f-smash was a true combo at low percentages? Also Could I add a fair inbetween the d-tilt and f-smash?

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Yes and yes. Depends on di and char
weight though. Great on ffers

odinNJ

Smash Lord
unfortunetly the uair doesnt give much hit-stun.
The fair is just my favorite roy areal in general, because of its ability to lead straight into a grab.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like bair because its terrible and should never be used

Oh wait....

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah I havent got to use my Roy too much against actual players, though from I have gathered, its okay, I can keep up with other players. Not bad for only using for about a week now XD

Top Bottom