• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Edge Dance

royinator

Smash Cadet
what do you think is the best combo sequence for Roy's double edge dance?

i'm sorry if there's another thread like this one... can you redirect me to it if there is?

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Hello royinator,
I must say that the best one is the down dance, with the continuous stabbings. I gets really good damage.
PS are you asian?
From, Falco Champ

Hao

Smash Journeyman
Theres a whole section dedicated to DED in the Roy FAQ thread.

Roy's "down dance" with the continous stabbings is only good against CC'ers. Even then they usually hit you before you get to the stabbings

EDIT: Just realised the "multiple stabbings" are the fourth hit. You are never going to hit that against a good smash player.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Hello royinator,
I must say that the best one is the down dance, with the continuous stabbings. I gets really good damage.
PS are you asian?
From, Falco Champ
no, the down combo should only be used for crouch cancellers. >b>b>b is a good general combo. >b^b>b is good against fast fallers.

ps: why the hell are you asking him if hes asian?

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
no, the down combo should only be used for crouch cancellers. >b>b>b is a good general combo. >b^b>b is good against fast fallers.

ps: why the hell are you asking him if hes asian?
I don't know. I just have this feeling *cough met him cough*
Just can't put my hands on it. But yea I really just wanted to post stabby thingys. Its not every day you get a post like that

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
to rack up damage i use >B>B^BvB or >B^B^BvB. against fox or falco at the edge i used >B^B^B so that they meteor cancel it and then I counter their firefox/firefalco. >B>B>B is good in general. >B>BvB against CCers and >B>BvBvB to shield poke.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
the >^v> combo looks the best
no offense,l but that one's not very good. the trick with the DED is to keep them the whole time. the second ^B lifts the person upward and the third vB only works if they're on the ground and its purpose is to lift them up. then the fourth >B is is pretty much the only DED you really want to sweetspot and you need them slightly in front of you, not above.

Fireflare

Smash Cadet
no offense,l but that one's not very good. the trick with the DED is to keep them the whole time. the second ^B lifts the person upward and the third vB only works if they're on the ground and its purpose is to lift them up. then the fourth >B is is pretty much the only DED you really want to sweetspot and you need them slightly in front of you, not above.
i know but i wanted to say it looks cool...

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
to rack up damage i use >B>B^BvB or >B^B^BvB. against fox or falco at the edge i used >B^B^B so that they meteor cancel it and then I counter their firefox/firefalco. >B>B>B is good in general. >B>BvB against CCers and >B>BvBvB to shield poke.
dont use the >>^v or >^^v because good players will either tech/roll/standup attack. those combos only work on ******** cpus.

royinator

Smash Cadet
I don't know. I just have this feeling *cough met him cough*
Just can't put my hands on it. But yea I really just wanted to post stabby thingys. Its not every day you get a post like that
ha ha ha you're funny. By the way, falcochamp's 1/16 asian. just putting it out there.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
ha ha ha you're funny. By the way, falcochamp's 1/16 asian. just putting it out there.
WOWWWWWW!!!!!
YOU ARE AMAZING. You know me like you were my friend, or in my web design class sitting right next to me, posting on this forum as opposed to doing work. But hat is just unrealistic. :laugh:

royinator

Smash Cadet
WOWWWWWW!!!!!
YOU ARE AMAZING. You know me like you were my friend, or in my web design class sitting right next to me, posting on this forum as opposed to doing work. But hat is just unrealistic. :laugh:
wow what an interesting theory :laugh:

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
This thread has officially become the royinator and falco champ talk during web design without saying anything even though we are right next to each other thread

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
it means that im somewhat frustrated at the fact that you said that the best DED combo is >>vv and it is definitely not.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
>B to start
Because this is the only way to start the DED.
>B most of the time, not exactly sure when to use ^B for this part yet.
It's a second hit.
>B third hit
Is the most standard finish, it has good knockback and can set up for edgeguards.
^B third hit
Is a meteor smash. Can set up for vB fourth hit, fsmash, or techchase.
vB third hit
Sends CCers flying upward. Not useful for much else, though it barely pressures the shield.

The fourth hit you usually don't want to do unless your opponent is either set up for it or really slow to get out of shield. This is because after the third hit, you can easily roll out or shieldgrab if you've been shielding.
>B fourth hit
Will hurt.
^B fourth hit
Will shieldpoke a lot. It also brings Roy's sword slightly over platforms, even on stages like Dream Land. Marginally useful if they don't see it coming that one time.
vB fourth hit
Fastest startup, lowest knockback. Has the highest chance of shieldpoking, I suppose.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
that basically somes it up.

also mention that the first is for recovery, the second ^B can be used against fast-fallers, and third ^B can be used if they are near the edge and you want them of. it gives time to counter a firefox or firefalco also.

Top Bottom