• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dot/Stitch/Saturn/Bomb/Bananna/Gyro .ect Combos

Bombchu Link

Banned via Administration
NNID
Arwing-Y
Just wanted to know what combos we can get without special pulls and stealing other players grabbable projectiles.

Dot/Stitch :

Dair into stitch is an almost GUARANTEED combo, especially on larger characters, float Dair their shield and then drop the float on the third dair and then Zdrop the stitch and it's a free shield break Also works with a dot eyes on a slightly whittled shield.

I'm not actually sure if you have to throw the turnip or Zdrop it on them though, because I think it does less damage on a Zdrop compared to a throw...

Also Stitch beats Mario's upB so if placed properly it can kill.

Also Dair to turnip is a true combo into any Turnip about 30-40%

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN4gJwxsDhQ

Mr. Saturn:

What I like to do a lot is to just throw it down on top of them a lot as it outlasts spotdodge, and breaks shield when they don't perfect shield also I find it quite common for them to shield when you're above them because of aerial pressure.
It also combos into Bair if it hits and you get to regrab it with good timing. just remember it can be used against you if you wiff something

Also Nair at about 60-80% when they are on the ground combos into saturn and gives you jab lock if they don't tech.

Bomb:

Same thing as with stitch: but it will hit you and break their shield; so only go for it if you're at 30% or lower, especially if you're near the ledge!

Also the Saturn Jab lock combo works as well and it works to slightly higher percents, just watch out that if they do ground tech you have to delay the bomb throw a little.

Just as a note the bomb can't be grabbed again once it's thrown, if you do a perfect grab/airdodge, it will just explode and you won't get hurt.

I don't have any Experience with R.O.B.'s Gyro or Diddy's banana... though just keeping it out of their hands can be extremely useful in the MU.

Also as a note Toon link's bombs are lit for 8 seconds instead of 4, so you can actually combo using these while Link's bombs it's really hard to do so.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
You can do anything with Gyro. It has a lot of range and travels very fast, it's an amazing projectile. Dair > Gyro work till pretty high percents. Catching ROB's landings is also very easy using Gyro.

As for Banana, if you're close I think Fair or Fsmash is guaranteed. Otherwise, do a Dash Attack, but be prepared for him to fall out (Diddy tends to fall out of Dash Attack a lot at higher percents).

Ninja Girl

Smash Rookie
Not sure how useful this is but today I did stitch face into fair on shield and got a shield break. Obviously only works if they shield the stitch but it was stylish as hell.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
On the topic of setups, how does one perform aerials while holding a turnip? I've done it a few times without meaning to.

Ninja Girl

Smash Rookie
On the topic of setups, how does one perform aerials while holding a turnip? I've done it a few times without meaning to.
When you float you will do aerials as opposed to throwing the turnip, until you stop floating.

Ximlee

Smash Cadet
Do Z dropped turnips do less damage than thrown turnips? Haven't had a chance to test this yet

Ninja Girl

Smash Rookie
Do Z dropped turnips do less damage than thrown turnips? Haven't had a chance to test this yet
Yes Z dropped turnips do less damage. About 2-5% for normal turnips depending on how far they fall before the hit.

Top Bottom