• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doshin the Giant Support Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
Would he have any Ranger type qualities, since he has Long hands?

P.S. Welcome to Smash Boards! :D
Yes he would be able to use his long arms to punch, Making him kind of Zoner/Ranger kind of person. Compare it to a person like Lucina, who has strength throughout the whole sword. Something like that.

TheSeanMan

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seanybobo2
3DS FC
2492-5096-7585
I'm REALLY glad to see this thread finally getting the attention it deserves. I only joined this thread not too long ago, but I've been following it for a while.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I was wondering how Doshin the Giant's moveset would be classified according to this list. (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
I'd say Doshin/Jashin's moveset would be along the lines of Bruiser/Resistor/Zoner. I mean, with that much height, (and possibly, weight and reach) how do you wear someone like that down?!:joyful:

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Figured you peeps might enjoy my past entry for the forum's stage design contest:

Barudo Shores
Game of Origin: Doshin The Giant
Starting Layout:

Description: Unlike my past designs, Barudo Shores has no fixed pattern to it. It starts as a hill, greenery in the centre making way for sand towards its edges. Barudo starts out as a walk off stage, in a way, with the outer edges of the hill extending down to the bottom blast line. The inconsistent gradient of the stage, however, will make it very difficult to chaingrab off these edges and, as for camping, that too can be solved via the stage's unique gimmick.
Residing in the middle is our good friend the love giant. Doshin will, after 5 seconds, raise or lower the ground beneath him, as indicated by his green area of effect in the image above. This will alter the stage's height at a fairly gentle pace and will do so by roughly a third of a stagebuilder block, smoothing the edges slightly if necessary. His choice of raising or lowering is random but not entirely so. It will be weighted by the average height of the stage section in question, with a 50/50 chance only occurring when the ground is exactly centred between the bottom blast zone and the blue upper limit.
By hitting Doshin with a non-grab move, he may be caused to move away from his attacker, placing his new area of effect exactly at the edge of the old one. The area of the stage with ground is exactly 5 such areas wide and he may not be made to move from a new location before he has altered the ground height atleast once there. This means he can be pushed to the edges to raise the floor away from the blast zones without having to get too close to anyone hoping for a cheap kill.
In addition to this, Doshin can be pushed past the limits of the stage's ground. In this scenario, he will go storming off the nearest side of the screen and fly back on as the devilish hate giant, Jashin, fireballing the horizontal locations marked in orange above.
Doshin will not obstruct movement directly but, by playing with the stage height, he may well create some very interesting situations.
The bottom blast zone is made to look like the sea from which Doshin emerged in his first game.

Overview: A simple stage with a simple gimmick that provides the solutions to the most glaring of its inherent problems. This stage is unlikely to be a tournament staple but will involve much tactical gameplay between friends.

Unlockable: Yes

Make ten stages in the stage builder.
Music:
Yellow Giant (Doshin the Giant)
Festival Music (Doshin the Giant)
Grass Fumes (Doshin the Giant)
Yellow Giant Reprise (Doshin the Giant)
Time (Doshin the Giant)
End Titles (Doshin the Giant)

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Realistically, they'll probably be trophies again and, if not, an assist similar to the Sim City Mayor.
I would, however, love to see him take a more significant role as, while I never had the patience for the gamecube game, I did find its look, feel and simplistic story greatly endearing. As demonstrated above, I feel that he would fit better as a stage gimmick than a playable character but I would most certainly enjoy either.

Of course, it's looking a lot like we won't see any more fun characters due to this underwhelming leak but we can still hope for better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom