• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dope comeback

Mtank

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOLhmwJFR5k
Got a crazy last stock comeback in a tourney set yesterday, thought some of you might like this :D
Edit: Id love advice btw, it def wasnt my cleanest game, as i missed every single side-b read on fox.

Last edited:

Wreckarooni

Smash Apprentice
Great opening, awesome ending comeback. Very fun set to watch.

He seemed to be quite competent with his Fox at the MU too. There were two things I noticed (other than the side-b read drops) -

1) You weren't very aggressive or proactive on platform tech chasing. One of Puff's near guaranteed neutral strats is up throw > up-air tech trap and then rest/attack them. Actually anything that hits them to platform then Up-air will force them to miss a tech at certain percentages. And 2) There were also many opportunities to jab reset > rest or just flat out punish a whiffed ground move from that Fox.

Really solid Puff though, I get the feeling you are better than most of your local competition.

Mtank

Smash Cadet
Thanks for watching and for your advice. You're very right about up-air tech chases and even more right about jab resets. I've been playing it safe lately by just going for the fsmash off misstechs, but a rest is better in most situations. And I'm getting there with my local competition :) still got wrecked by Duck just before this match. But I talked to Lain after the match and he told me my landing was very predictable and he was able to recognize and punish ot very easily.

King5280

Smash Journeyman
Hey cripsteve, I just watched that match yesterday lol. Good **** on that win vs lain, he's a good player. Last time I played him it was almost exactly like that lol. Lost game 1 BF, beat his falcon on FoD (idk why he does that), and won on YS game 3. That was good mentality not giving up game 3 too.

Mtank

Smash Cadet
Hey cripsteve, I just watched that match yesterday lol. Good **** on that win vs lain, he's a good player. Last time I played him it was almost exactly like that lol. Lost game 1 BF, beat his falcon on FoD (idk why he does that), and won on YS game 3. That was good mentality not giving up game 3 too.
Yoo, did you used to go by kingmiles? I swear someone told me that. But yeah lol I honestly played pretty badly, he told me game 3 he stopped trying a bit but hey, can't sleep on jiggs lmao

Top Bottom