• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't you hate when people mock you in 1-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan the Metal Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Metalheadedfury
3DS FC
4613-8814-1645
I mocked someone once, kinda regret it now but at the time i was playing against a Rosalina player as PAC-MAN, we both had 1 stock left and the player decided to just run away by dodge spamming and using down b special on my projectiles, the match ended in sudden death and this player kept using the same strategy, i eventually died from a bob-omb. after that i used the name box and wrote CHICKEN to him, he left after that, real mature of me -_-

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Can somebody explain why it seems to be looked down upon in general to play as Little Mac in for glory? The only times consistently run into dip**** players seems to be when I'm using Little Mac. Everybody turns into a troll when I play as him. I haven't really chosen a main yet, but Mac is in my rotation right now and id like to know what the deal is.

sandslash

Smash Apprentice
I think little mac is one of the easiest people to play against. I mostly play terrible little macs online but a few decent ones. Much faster matches. I dont mind playing them at all.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
Hurting peoples
I'm trying to de-stressify after what happened...

So some jerk used Dark Pit. Ok fine. He beat me, but I was fine with that. Next battle he used Shulk. I came close, but he'd beaten me again, and I was fine with that. Then the jerk started to use villager, which was the character I was using during this and the other battles. Did I feel insulted? Yes. Was he better than me? Yes. Did I get really angry after he won? Of course!

I left a comment in one of his miiverse post saying: "I get that you're better than me, but you don't have to be a jerk and mock me."

Gosh I hope no Smash experts are like this...

I love taunting and mocking in smash bros. I play falcon, and after a few taunts players get mad and aggresive and therefor easier to deal with. Plus killing my self to make an unnecessary meteor spike on an opponent who is already not going make it back makes for some awesome replays. Honestly if you get your feelings hurt playing smash, you should probably switch to a game that's less competitive.

Zol

Smash Apprentice
Can somebody explain why it seems to be looked down upon in general to play as Little Mac in for glory? The only times consistently run into dip**** players seems to be when I'm using Little Mac. Everybody turns into a troll when I play as him. I haven't really chosen a main yet, but Mac is in my rotation right now and id like to know what the deal is.
because they think you'll do nothing but run away and spam smashes like a tool when approached
i've played way too many Little Macs and for the most part they do nothing except abuse the unnecessary super armor his smashes have
so i've gotten into the habit of playing keep-away against Mac and forcing him to chase me

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Hurting peoples

I love taunting and mocking in smash bros. I play falcon, and after a few taunts players get mad and aggresive and therefor easier to deal with. Plus killing my self to make an unnecessary meteor spike on an opponent who is already not going make it back makes for some awesome replays. Honestly if you get your feelings hurt playing smash, you should probably switch to a game that's less competitive.
I love it when Falcons taunt me, the god has acknowledged me so I feel honored :p

Remember, this thread is about how you feel after disrespect, and not players better than you. This guy I know irl constantly calls people he plays with bad or trash at the game. I don't play him anymore, it got annoying.

Farorae

Smash Ace
It's pretty rude. I've had it happen quite a lot and it's pretty frustrating, especially since a lot of the time I actually outplay them and lose because they got lucky/better character. Anyways I try not to let it stress me out so I usually just leave online and beat the crap out of my brother in stock 1v1 to make me feel better :p

Ezuka

Smash Rookie
I haven't had that happen to me yet. Sure, I've seen people switch to my character after beating me several times with other characters, but they never leave immediately after beating me. In most cases, they played my character for more than one match too, so it feels more like they were teaching me than being jerks.

I have, however, had cases where I've beaten a person many times with the same character, and he or she switched to my character to try to show me up. That generally happens when I'm playing Lucina, and the person keeps falling for counters and shield breakers. The person usually still loses because I know they're just going to use those two moves, but if they do beat me, it's super, super embarrassing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
People really need to stop jumping to conclusions about fellow players.

Only thing that makes me angry online is lag screwing me over, which only really happens on 3DS. Also on 3DS, the controls are not perfect, so it can be the reason I lose (LAUNCH STAR PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT ME OFF STAGE).

I may also get a little peeved if I'm doing teams with my brother and he does something silly, or just in general, in a Time Match, I get a killing blow on other players yet the time runs out and therefore they win. The former can lead to some great matches though. I had an amazing Sonic clutch when my brother lost all of his stocks early, when we were doing teams against some friends.

As you can see, these issues (apart from the thing with my brother, which is a pet peeve), are all to do with the game, and I'm not angry with the players. On Wii U, I actually haven't lost a 1-on-1 FG match yet (though I haven't played enough). My brother obscured my rating a bit though, as he played some matches, both wins and losses.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I always feel like a jerk if I switch characters to my opponents character. Even if they are playing my main, I don't switch to it.

I like having conversations through the player tags, though. I had a huge conversation with a Sheik about his stream and our battles. Just a random thought.

emoinua123

Smash Rookie
NNID
emoinua123
Honestly, just learn from what happened, practice, and make sure this doesn't happen the next time. I've had it happen to me as well but i just keep practicing in hopes that it won't happen again.
You can hope but there will be player's that will crush you with tech skills and juggling. Just Increase your reactions time and understand the whole metagame of Smash 4.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Perfectly fine with me if my opponent can tell me that I suck.
I win most of the time, I even 2stock most of my enemies but sometimes someone shows up that I can barely touch.
One guy beat me 9 times in a row and switched to Ganondorf for the last time and he still won.
Did I feel insulted? No. Impressed? Yes.
How about learning from the experience instead of complaining?

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Cool story today.

Played against an excellent player who bounced from Diddy/Rosaluma/Pit for around nine matches, while I stayed Zelda for all of them, just alternating her outfits (she's got a few waifu alts).

Guy manages to win every match, and kept on changing his name to obviously mock me. He went from "ZeldaSux" to "Scrub" to "NayruSpam." Total douchebag, yes. I was always polite to him in return, SDing whenever he did so accidentally, giving him a friendly taunt after he KOed me. All of our matches were ridiculously close, too. Two went to Sudden Death. I just happened to always end up on the losing side.

And then we had our ninth match. He went to Zelda. And put on the alt I had worn for the past two games. His name was "L2Play."

I two-stocked him, and took only 14%.

He dropped out.

Oh, man, I couldn't stop laughing for a while. Let me out this guy while I'm it: P4Waffl53, learn some class, kiddo. I'd still love to play you, our matches were really fun.

Last edited:

kyxsune

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2423-2660-2706
Cool story today.

Played against an excellent player who bounced from Diddy/Rosaluma/Pit for around nine matches, while I stayed Zelda for all of them, just alternating her outfits (she's got a few waifu alts).

Guy manages to win every match, and kept on changing his name to obviously mock me. He went from "ZeldaSux" to "Scrub" to "NayruSpam." Total douchebag, yes. I was always polite to him in return, SDing whenever he did so accidentally, giving him a friendly taunt after he KOed me. All of our matches were ridiculously close, too. Two went to Sudden Death. I just happened to always end up on the losing side.

And then we had our ninth match. He went to Zelda. And put on the alt I had worn for the past two games. His name was "L2Play."

He dropped out.

Oh, man, I couldn't stop laughing for a while. Let me out this guy while I'm it: P4Waffl53, learn some class, kiddo. I'd still love to play you, our matches were really fun.
As a ZSS main, I usually play pikachu in For glory. I love it when they taunt me if they wreck my pikachu. Gets me excited to wreck them with my ZSS if they hang around.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
As a ZSS main, I usually play pikachu in For glory. I love it when they taunt me if they wreck my pikachu. Gets me excited to wreck them with my ZSS if they hang around.
As a ZSSamus main, the funniest thing is if they switch to ZSS to show me "how easy and for noobs" ZSS is.
Funny to punish every second move they do.

Dracul_G_Belmont

Smash Rookie
NNID
R.Leonhart
My first post as this topic intrigued me.As for me I don't rage when my opponent mirror matches or taunts me. But I do feel like its more preassure on me to win when someone mirror matches my main. In most cases I still win but other times I lose and think wow I never knew how effective that tactic really was I'm going keep doing that

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
When you are being beat over and over again its natural to feel a little frustration. I usually just accept that they are better and find another person to play.

If you keep playing them (they will beat you, its not a character thing its just general skill) alot of times they switch to your best character then beat you with it. I do think this is intentional by the other player to insult you. When they play your main it takes away the benefit of the doubt.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
When you are being beat over and over again its natural to feel a little frustration. I usually just accept that they are better and find another person to play.

If you keep playing them (they will beat you, its not a character thing its just general skill) alot of times they switch to your best character then beat you with it. I do think this is intentional by the other player to insult you. When they play your main it takes away the benefit of the doubt.
But you want to get better, why the hell would you stop playing against them.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
But you want to get better, why the hell would you stop playing against them.
Well I want to get better,but I don't want to feel insulted while I am playing someone. Some people just want to show how good they are by rubbing it in people's faces while making them (or trying to at least) feel like crap. When I fight those types of players, I keep fighting them to try to shut them up by beating them,a few times,but if I feel I can't I just leave because I don't want to continue to feel like someone is trying to tell me how bad I am.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
You got offended over something so minor as this? Jeez. If you're getting offended with things such as this in a game. I don't want to imagine how real life events will treat you.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
You got offended over something so minor as this? Jeez. If you're getting offended with things such as this in a game. I don't want to imagine how real life events will treat you.
Not really necessary to compare this to real life, it has no correlation. And is quite rude.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Not really necessary to compare this to real life, it has no correlation. And is quite rude.
How is that rude? Rude is actually making false assumption on which TC did. What if the person he faced happened to also use Villager? Is that something to get offended about? No. If anything he was just upset he lost. Which let's be honest, is not something to feel bad about.

It can be compared to real life actually. Because if something as minor can make him upset such as this. I don't want to imagine what can happened outside of his gaming life.

daedgaem

Smash Cadet
Warning Received
Get a load of these thin skinned plebeians. Holy hell.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
You can give people the benefit of the doubt all you want, but it's completely commonplace for people to deliberately ditto just to show "I'm better than you at this." It's condescending and only discourages people.

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
You can give people the benefit of the doubt all you want, but it's completely commonplace for people to deliberately ditto just to show "I'm better than you at this." It's condescending and only discourages people.
Exactly, I don't see how someone can think about learning from a player, while the player is doing whatever they can to discourage you which (at least for me) distracts from trying to learn.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Someone tried to do that to me after two matches beating me with two different characters. They picked my main* Palutena... And I snatched weaves and held on to my two stocks with 90%. They left afterwards. And honestly, I don't have any desire going back to play For Glory when people are on that AOL Dial-Up connection. Ew. They clearly did not get the memo to use a LAN adapter.

In any case, I can see why you'd be offended or feel disrespected. But in all honesty, it isn't anything to get too heated about, as you clearly got over it.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I ******* despise when they gimp my PKT/ or accidentally SD and then my opponent taunts. Specially when the battle is laggy and doesn't let me use PK thunder in peace. Also despise when they taunt me after spiking me. I despise the Killager, DHD, Samus and Dr. Mario with all my soul. The only thing they do is spam, roll, and taunt.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
How is that rude? Rude is actually making false assumption on which TC did. What if the person he faced happened to also use Villager? Is that something to get offended about? No. If anything he was just upset he lost. Which let's be honest, is not something to feel bad about.

It can be compared to real life actually. Because if something as minor can make him upset such as this. I don't want to imagine what can happened outside of his gaming life.
I don't get this either. This is pretty much why Ninty doesn't allow online communication. Why would anyone get offended by something/someone over the internet? Just shrug it off.

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
I faced a really good Little Mac 2 days ago while using link. He rolled a lot, played super defensive, and smashed when he saw an opening, he was super good at reading my moves. With only 32 damage dealt to him, he took my stock.

He taunted... 3 times

Ok, I absolutely despised his play style but it was working. I would be okay if he did an epic move and taunted... But taunting 3 times off a tactic like this?... I just had to show him who's the better man here, this motivated me.

I won the game with barely any percent taken off my 2nd stock, I taunted once. I left, moved on to the next guy. I felt so damn good.

Spec7re92

Smash Rookie
NNID
Spec7re
Cool story today.

He dropped out.

Kudos for sticking through it, I doubt I'd have the patience to put up with that for more than a few matches. It seemed to really pay off in the end, too haha. I'll try to keep an eye out for him.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I just really hope people dont find insulting when I crouch taunt with Dedede at the end of the matches I win. I do it mostly by instinct to the point I crouch with my other characters sometimes too.
But yeah, I never taunt unless they decide to taunt first. Then its go time. Also one of the reasons I started using Peach "Lalalalalala!" best taunt for when you kill someone back after they killed you.

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
I just really hope people dont find insulting when I crouch taunt with Dedede at the end of the matches I win. I do it mostly by instinct to the point I crouch with my other characters sometimes too.
But yeah, I never taunt unless they decide to taunt first. Then its go time. Also one of the reasons I started using Peach "Lalalalalala!" best taunt for when you kill someone back after they killed you.
I recently played a DeDeDe that was quite better than me. He did this after both kills and I couldn't stop laughing.
It just looks so silly.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
Someone just mocked me with my two mains in the same colors as me, I understand your frustration, I got so mad !
I don't mind loosing, I'm just mad loosing at people who don't know what respect is in this world !

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Once i played this one person, beat him with Mario (don't even use mario), then i switched to one of my mains in Luigi, and he started beating me over and over w/ DeDeDe. Of course, i don't mind the losing, since i see it as helpling me get better.
But after about 5 matches, he kept taunting 3 times after every kill, and then he changed his tag to "YOUSUCK" and left.

Hate it when people are disrespectful like that. those jerks

Woowoowhistle

Smash Rookie
NNID
Woowoowhistle
Really, I just hate Sonic as a character.
"That was almost too easy!"
GO STICK YOUR HEAD IN A ****, SONIC.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Now if he's changing his tag to insult you, or taunting everytime he throws you off the stage, sure. That's BM.
Otherwise, take it as MU knowledge. You're going to have to learn the ditto. Why not learn it any chance you can instead of getting angry?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom