• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't you hate it when some News companies talk about Smash?

ansossy

Smash Apprentice
I cringe when I look up Smash News on some Christian Science site (Most contradicting word pair in existence) or Forbes trying to over-dramatize something. It's like watching a bunch of old people talking about something they barely even understand. That Buzzfeed tierlist for Smash 4 was probably the worst. Thankfully some fake news organization like Fox hasn't made an article on Smash yet, if anything they'll probably do it when someone shoots up a school over Amiibos or something.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I just don't like the news so I don't watch it. Old media is done, they're a bunch of frauds and we don't have to rely on them anymore. Thank you based internet

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The casual person's thinking of Smash is going to be different from the competitive Smashboards-visiting thinking of Smash.

And that's fine.

D

Deleted member

Never saw something like this on the news, so I'm neutral I guess.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hearing news reports on Smash Bros. (or most any video game) is as cringe-worthy as one's great grandparents using words and terms, like "dope", "groovy", tubular", and "word to your mother". Just my opinion.

Vexor1011

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vexor1011
3DS FC
0559-7342-9512
At least Smash gets publicity from an already large fanbase. It's not really word concerning over what they do, but rather the after effect of the darker action.

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I always hate when Kotaku posts anything Smash related, or rather, anything FGC related.
Reading the comments on these types of articles is just unbearable haha XD

Daybreak

Busy busy busy~
NNID
DaybreakPlz
3DS FC
1091-8175-8810
Switch FC
SW-6555-9639-6872
I just don't like the news so I don't watch it. Old media is done, they're a bunch of frauds and we don't have to rely on them anymore. Thank you based internet
I second this. Usually anything they say is only related to their political stance; just propaganda keeping your attention away from the important matters. The news couldn't slaughter the smash community if it tried.

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
I cringe when I look up Smash News on some Christian Science site (Most contradicting word pair in existence) or Forbes trying to over-dramatize something. It's like watching a bunch of old people talking about something they barely even understand. That Buzzfeed tierlist for Smash 4 was probably the worst. Thankfully some fake news organization like Fox hasn't made an article on Smash yet, if anything they'll probably do it when someone shoots up a school over Amiibos or something.
Well you realize it's under their technology section right? The person writing the article obviously plays video games. Though I agree the Buzzfeed tier list is terrible

Last edited:

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
This is the worst thing ever! My mom frequently watches the news and makes sure to tell me of everything video game related she sees. I hate it. I can't stand it! I've blocked her phone number and email but she just gets new ones! Help!

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
This is the worst thing ever! My mom frequently watches the news and makes sure to tell me of everything video game related she sees. I hate it. I can't stand it! I've blocked her phone number and email but she just gets new ones! Help!
You shouldn't block your mom. That's mad rude.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Only video game-related news I hear all the time is something related to a FPS or something. Don't think I ever heard any news related to Smash.

I don't watch the news at all, to be frank here.

Top Bottom