• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Don't You Dair 2 ft. Melee, Project M, Smash 4 and SFV

Don't You Dair 2 ft. Melee, Project M, Smash 4 and SFV
Posted by LDSenpai
Geniehobbies
Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 11:00 AM
Until: Saturday, February 27, 2016 - 09:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Second monthly Smash tournament in Gaylord Michigan, featuring Super Smash Bros Melee, Project M and Smash 4 with a Street Fighter V side event.

$5 Venue Fee
Venue Fee will be waived if a full set up is brought and needed

Events:
Melee Singles ($5 per entrant)
Project M Singles ($5 per entrant)
Smash 4 Singles ($5 per entrant)
Street Fighter V ($5 per entrant)

Time:
11:00 a.m. Venue and registration opens.
12:15 p.m. Registration for Project M closes.
12:30 p.m. Project M begin
2:15 p.m. Registration for Smash 4 closes.
2:30 p.m. Smash 4 singles starts.
3:15 p.m. Street Fighter V registation ends.
3:30 p.m. Street Fighter V begins.
5:15 p.m. Melee regstration ends
5:30 p.m. Melee begins.
9:00 p.m Estimated end time, out to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Rules:
Bring your own controller
Be smart, TO and Venue owners have the right to warn, DQ and eject you from the venue.
If you are 15 minutes late to a match, you will be DQ'd.
TO's word is law

Melee Ruleset:

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
* Items OFF.
* Pause OFF.
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* Master Hand is banned.
* Stalling with Jigglypuff’s Rising Pound or Peach’s Wall Bomber etc is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers’s Freeze Glitch and Mewtwo’s Soul Stunner are banned.
* The Good Dave’s Stupid Rule: You cannot counterpick any stage you have won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist:

Neutral (Singles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpick (Singles)
Pokemon Stadium

Neutral (Doubles)
Final Destination
Yoshi’s Story
Dream Land
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpick (Doubles)
Kongo Jungle 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Smash 4 Ruleset:
Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
  • Singles 2 Stock, 6 Minutes
  • Customs are Banned
  • Starter stages: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Town & City, DreamLand 64
  • Counter-pick stages: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Lylat Cruise (2 stage bans)
  • Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
  • The Good Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed.
Project M Ruleset

4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
Items OFF and set to NONE
Auto L-Cancel OFF
Buffer OFF
Friendly Fire ON
Pause is set to hold.
Pause may only be used while one player is on the recovery halo.
Pausing in any other case results in the pauser losing a stock.
If the opponent loses a stock as a result of the pause, the pauser loses two stocks.
If the opponent loses the game as a result of the pause, the pauser instead loses the game.

Stage List:

Starters: Wario Land, Smashville, Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Delfino’s Secret
Counterpicks: Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, and Dreamland

1 Ban is allotted to the winner of a game. The winner may not counterpick this stage later in the set.
Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect: you may not return to a stage you previously won on in the same set.

Match procedure is as follows:
1. Port priority is decided, loser strikes first in 1-2-1 style.
2. After game 1, the winner selects character
3. The loser selects character. The loser may also counterpick ports.
4. The winner bans one stage.
5. The stage is selected by the loser.
6. Sets outside of finals (WF, LF, GF) are best of 3, finals are best of 5 (at the TO’s discretion).
In the result of a time out, the match is decided by stock count, then by percentage.
If percentages are tied, a 3 minute, 1 stock tie-breaker is played on the same stage.
If sudden death is reach in another way, a 3 minute, 1 stock tie-breaker is played on the same stage.
If a suicide move (Ganoncide or Swallowcide) is performed and sudden death is reached, the initiator of
the move is the winner
In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage.
If a glitch is used to initiate this intentionally, the initiator of the glitch will lose the set and may be DQ’d at the discretion of the TO.
Any rule may be overrided by the Gentleman’s clause, I.e. If both players consent to the override (within TO's discretion).

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Good to see some tournies in northern mi. Hopefully I can make it.

NWTO

Smash Rookie
Is this tournament friendly to newer players? My friend and I recently started to play a lot of smash and we wanted to start playing in tournaments, even if we get destroyed.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Yes it is! Everyone is welcome. The northern Michigan scene isn't super good but we are always looking for more players. Bring all your friends you will meet some nice people who will help you get better.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Is this tournament friendly to newer players? My friend and I recently started to play a lot of smash and we wanted to start playing in tournaments, even if we get destroyed.
Totally, as Krt said we aren't the best scene, if you have questions we would be happy to answer. It is round robin pools so you get a few more tournament matches than a double elimination bracket. While the other events are going down, I am sure you could find someone to play friendlies with, imo the best way to improve is to attend tournaments.

Edit: Also here is our facebook page if interested, this is where we talk about upcoming tournaments and such. https://www.facebook.com/groups/259553334245953/

Last edited:

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
NEWS FLASH!

I am entering Project M bracket for this tournament.

I have never touched the game, I will get there right at 11:00 for the opening to get my 1.5 hrs practice in before XD

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
What character are you looking at playing? I can give you a good amount of info (order from most knowledgeable to least) Ice Climbers, Lucario, Marth, Pikachu, Peach, Fox.

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Either falcon or marth. Which is most similar to their melee counterpart? Those were my melee mains back in the day.

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Melee Marth transfer over well, there are some Brawl techs that were added to his arsenal but aren't essential. Cpt. Falcon is much better than his Melee counterpart though, I am on discord right now if you want to discuss it. I never looked into playing Falcon, just how to play against him, lol. ICs basically act different in neutral for basically every character, especially in PM.

MemeDespot

Smash Rookie
If I'm not working, I'll be bringing a few people from Alpena. What kind of turnout was there for the last one?

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Small turnout last time, the venue said they had a lot of people interested last time but didn't know if it was an open event and I told them it was. So they are advertising this time around, looking at around 20 or more.

Kbern15

Smash Rookie
Small turnout last time, the venue said they had a lot of people interested last time but didn't know if it was an open event and I told them it was. So they are advertising this time around, looking at around 20 or more.
how many do you think the turnout will be this time? im from ohio and this would be a 6 hour drive. first tournament i would be in and would like to know if its worth it! thanks!

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
That is a long ways! On the facebook page there are 17 confirmed rn. Doubt they all will enter every game. Smash 4 usually has most turnout.

I should be able to attend the entire smash 4 tourny, the thing I had to leave early for was pushed back :)

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
how many do you think the turnout will be this time? im from ohio and this would be a 6 hour drive. first tournament i would be in and would like to know if its worth it! thanks!
Expecting like 20-25 and that is spread across a few games. Also PM is 3.6. I would love for you to come, but I feel like you could find a better and closer tournament on the same day, depending on what game you want to play.

Last edited:

Kbern15

Smash Rookie
That is a long ways! On the facebook page there are 17 confirmed rn. Doubt they all will enter every game. Smash 4 usually has most turnout.

I should be able to attend the entire smash 4 tourny, the thing I had to leave early for was pushed back :)
Yeah it is, but only time I have off work and a day with nothing to do lol. I'm nervous but excited to learn

Kbern15

Smash Rookie
Expecting like 20-25 and that is spread across a few games. Also PM is 3.6. I would love for you to come, but I feel like you could find a better and closer tournament on the same day, depending on what game you want to play.
Project m is the main game I would like to play. Have barely played melee and only played smash 4 a couple times. Just wanting to learn and practice!

LDSenpai

Self loathing ICs Player
Well if you are decided on this tournament, if you use GPS to get here (specifically Google Maps) it is in the wrong spot, put in the venue name, Geniehobbies or the address of 133 W Main Street, Gaylord, instead of 137 W Main Street, 137 W Main Street in Google Maps is in the wrong spot. 133 W Main Street is Saturn Booksellers which is next door to the venue. Parking is in the back. I can take a picture of the door and if you ever have questions you can ask on our Facebook group and event page on Facebook. Would hate for you to get lost, lol. Message me if you some how do have trouble finding it this Saturday. :p

Last edited:

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
It was a great time! Smash 4 had 21 entrants, and Melee was also pretty large too. I can't wait for KRT/PwnCall to upload those videos he recorded of Smash 4 Top 8 ^_^ But yeah, it was a really good time. We said the next one's gonna be around April 9th, correct?

Top Bottom